Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thrifty parenting.

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Thrifty parenting. - Page 2 Empty Re: Thrifty parenting. Wed Aug 23 2017, 15:33

Bwfc1958 wrote:Yesterday we went to Ninja Warrior. I don't know about you Johnny, but by the end I couldn't wait to get out of there. We turned up at 1 o'clock and were number 170 in the queue. We walked out of there at 7pm by which time I had well and truly lost the will to live. Once you've seen a couple of contestants come past you've seen them all and it became very tedious towards the end. 

The place had practically emptied by the time the last 10 contestants had gone round. Definitely not something I'll be rushing to get tickets for again.
We stuck it out until there was about 2 or 3 left and then decided to go get pizza.  we was there late because we went to the later one.

it was shite in all honesty but i just tried to big it up so my lad thought he had a good time Very Happy

22Thrifty parenting. - Page 2 Empty Re: Thrifty parenting. Wed Aug 23 2017, 17:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

y2johnny wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:Yesterday we went to Ninja Warrior. I don't know about you Johnny, but by the end I couldn't wait to get out of there. We turned up at 1 o'clock and were number 170 in the queue. We walked out of there at 7pm by which time I had well and truly lost the will to live. Once you've seen a couple of contestants come past you've seen them all and it became very tedious towards the end. 

The place had practically emptied by the time the last 10 contestants had gone round. Definitely not something I'll be rushing to get tickets for again.
We stuck it out until there was about 2 or 3 left and then decided to go get pizza.  we was there late because we went to the later one.

it was shite in all honesty but i just tried to big it up so my lad thought he had a good time Very Happy
Tbh, and maybe I was being a bit naive, but I expected it to be like it is on tv. It isn't. All this, "we're going to do some audience shots now, so go mental whilst looking at the course as if someone is competing on it", business was getting on my tits. It spoilt the illusion a little bit.

23Thrifty parenting. - Page 2 Empty Re: Thrifty parenting. Wed Aug 23 2017, 17:34

Bwfc1958 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Tbh, and maybe I was being a bit naive, but I expected it to be like it is on tv. It isn't. All this, "we're going to do some audience shots now, so go mental whilst looking at the course as if someone is competing on it", business was getting on my tits. It spoilt the illusion a little bit.
i know exactly what you mean.  and all the kids kicking off because he kept saying he was going to throw harribos to the noisiest section and then never did.  will be good to see if we make the tv though.  Smile

24Thrifty parenting. - Page 2 Empty Re: Thrifty parenting. Thu Aug 24 2017, 12:56

Went to the driving range yesterday with my lad.  i used to love going to the one in Harwood but haven't done it for a good few years.  Didn't expect the lad to enjoy it much but he absolutely loved it, and, he wasn't too shabby either.  His swing is a little unorthodox to start with but he was getting about 75 yards!

Cost, £14.50 for 150 balls and club hire for two of us.  Was there about two hours and now he has a new favourite thing we can do in all weathers.  he even wants to go again tonight when it starts getting darker.  (its open until 10:30 week nights!)

I managed to hit a few decent shots.  out of about 70 balls i got 3 over the 200 yard marker, hit the van that was there as a target and about 20 over the 150 marker.  I'm not really into golf and couldn't play 18 holes, but whacking the hell out of them is ace Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2