Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall 1-1 Bolton

+13
gloswhite
Kane57
karlypants
Norpig
Leeds_Trotter
bryan458
Barryjw
Boggersbelief
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 13 2017, 13:43

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Our performance at Crewe was worrying.

32Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 13 2017, 15:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:You and I both know yours are "facts" of the Trump variety.

Be honest:- given what he inherited and what had happened the previous season, did you seriously think that we'd be promoted, especially when we had to offload one or two,  and some spent long periods injured? Of the ones you mention, Pratley played only 12 times, Alf only 19....but rarely for 90 mins and was another club's elderly reject as a failure.

No, Parky exceeded every fan's expectations. 

Give the new recruits time to settle and for Parky to assess how best to employ them before you start complaining about tactics that were successful last year despite the cash restrictions.......There's your miracle!  Good god, we've only played two league games, have won an away point, and you are already on his back!
I have concerns and I'm airing them because I think they're legitimate. If you disagree, that's fine but keep the personal slights out of it please.

33Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Mon Aug 14 2017, 08:55

Gothic_Wanderer

Gothic_Wanderer
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Our performance at Crewe was worrying.

We had made 10 changes to a team that at least threatened Leeds. We were a long way from full strength, using players that havent played together much. 

As soon as we made the changes and brought on first team regulars it all turned around and we won. I wouldnt be worried about that performance particularly. 

Plus its the cup, anything can happen. If someone like Chelsea lost to a league 1 team in the cup are they suddenly terrible and will win nothing? 

This will likely be a long hard season but only scraping a win against Crew should not be an indicator going forward as to how the season will pan out.

34Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Mon Aug 14 2017, 09:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are two games in, Christ.

How about we let the new signings bed in and the team to gel, just like last season we started slow after the new signings in January but then put 5 wins in a row together.

We also have Ameobi and Vela to come back, I very much doubt we'll go down

35Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Mon Aug 14 2017, 09:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still optimistic Very Happy

36Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Mon Aug 14 2017, 10:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The main worry is the manager still thinks hoofball is going to keep us up this season. It won't.

Unfortunately it's the only way he knows. Le Fondre is wasted in this system. It's square pegs into round holes again. Just like the previous two managers.

37Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Mon Aug 14 2017, 15:13

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does Parky ever mention lack of creativity in his news conferences?  Maybe he can't see it from the dugout.

So hoof ball it is then .... I'm not sure what else we can expect with the players we have or the on-going financials debacle.

38Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 15 2017, 12:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

39Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 15 2017, 14:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This video shows Millwall having 6 or 7 decent chances any one of which they might have scored from.
Our attacking display? Morais FK. That was it.

40Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 15 2017, 15:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sky Sports show some good stats:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

41Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 15 2017, 15:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Sky Sports show some good stats:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Makes grim reading that does!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: