Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John McGinlay worried Bolton Wanderers are slipping back into old bad habits in Championship

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JOHN McGinlay is concerned Wanderers have fallen back into old habits after Friday’s mauling at Hull City.
Looking back on a 4-0 defeat at the KCOM Stadium the club legend drew comparisons with a Whites’ meek exit from the Championship the season before last.
Phil Parkinson apologised for the result, which ensured Bolton would remain bottom of the table through the international break.
“You look through the team and, yes, we lack quality in certain areas, and lack depth but there’s still experience, still players who’ve played at a higher level on that park,” said the Scot. “Where’s the leadership?

“It was very much like the last time we were in the Championship, you lose an early goal and ‘that’s it’ and I thought that losing mentality had left the football club.”
McGinlay reckons Parkinson’s squad needs an injection of creativity in the remaining few days of the transfer window.
“In open play we have not been good enough, we are not creating chances – it’s a cross, a corner or a free-kick looks like being our main threat at goal this season unless things change,” he said. “You have to have more than that in this division or otherwise we’ll find ourselves in trouble quite quickly.”
But with ownership issues continuing to cast a cloud on Wanderers, and the lingering possibility the EFL could impose sanctions after Sports Shield BWFC was liquidated, McGinlay thinks the club should expect few favours.

“It’s imperative we sort it sooner rather than later,” he said. “That’s another transfer window now gone – even if we were to come out of the embargo we can’t work until January.
“They might somehow twist the EFL’s arm to get one or two in on loan and to beg the fact we’ve got a few missing through injury but I don’t think the EFL will really entertain that – they are being seen to be tougher on the rules and regulations.
“We might have to battle through with what we’ve got until January. And that worries me.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15499269.John_McGinlay_worried_Wanderers_are_slipping_back_into_old_bad_habits/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to know that McGinlay agrees with me - a total lack of leadership on the pitch.

I'd rather have some League 2 clogger who knows the score than some Premier League ponce with no experience of being tackled.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum