Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton

+10
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
karlypants
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
wanderlust
doffcocker
Sluffy
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 13:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope the players have all shaved their legs.

32Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 14:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

33Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 14:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can't work out the formation from that, i presume its 3 at the back with wingbacks but who's going to play upfront with Madine?

34Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 14:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:can't work out the formation from that, i presume its 3 at the back with wingbacks but who's going to play upfront with Madine?

No one I would think

(No one not Noone)

I agree it looks like 3 at the back with wingbacks - so two in the middle of the park - Cullen and Karacan with two wingers.

That's how I see it.

Looks horrible though.

35Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 14:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it sounds more like 343 but thats far too attacking for Parky surely?

36Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 14:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of shite Parky. Negative from the kick off. It'll be a predictable defeat with us failing to score again.

37Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:it sounds more like 343 but thats far too attacking for Parky surely?

It's not attacking, it's a 5-4-1 formation, hoping to fluke a 0-0.

38Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 14:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm glad i'm taking my lad to a party in a bit, i won't have to listen to us get beat again

39Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 15:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apologies for the fuck up! Very Happy

40Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 16:59

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Can't score, depressing stuff this. Sad

41Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 17:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The euphoria of last season seems light years away now.

42Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky out. Ken should act now. Our lack of goals is solely down to Parky. Sack him now and get someone in who can at least get us a goal before May.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

43Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice graphic Nat,but not everyone is as eager to open their legs as you.

44Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with Nat, Parkinson again saying he couldn't have asked for more from his players, well we can score some fucking goals, he's taking us down without a whimper, get shut Ken.

45Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I agree with Nat, Parkinson again saying he couldn't have asked for more from his players, well we can score some fucking goals, he's taking us down without a whimper, get shut Ken.

There comes a time when you have to stop defending the players and give them a rocket up their lazy arses.

I'm sick of hearing "the players gave their all" because if they did we are well and truly fucked.

46Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 19:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent first half TBH with some nice passages of play from us and Ipswich unable to get anything from our back 5, but we never looked like scoring so honours even IMO. When we did get into space usually through Little on the right we were deep and there was nothing to work with in front of him so as often as not it came back to Karacan in the middle. Madine huffed and puffed with not much support. 

It was easy to see what Parky was trying to do but if you set up so deep it has to be at the expense of getting bodies forward.
It was also easy to see that McCarthy was getting very frustrated and was obviously going to change things around at HT so you'd have expected Parky to have them fired up, intense and alert when they came back out.
They weren't and Ipswich went straight onto the attack from the off and scored. 
After that we again played some nice stuff in patches and could have scored a couple but Madine stuffed up a one on one with the goalie, taking it early but lifting it over the bar and then there was a scramble in which any one of three of our lads could have had a shot but they dithered.
The longer the game went on the more men we threw forward and the more stretched the game became. The difference was that Ipswich broke with pace and determination and more than anything else, quality so it was no surprise when McGoldrick scored a cracker at the end - outside of the right boot into top left corner.
Despite all our problems and lack of quality I have to say that the defence played well until Parky pushed them forward - but you'd expect them to be tight with 5 at the back. Karacan was tidy completing most passes, Noone was poor, and the rest were so-so, but the real problem is quality or moreover failing to find a system that these players can work with. 
It really showed when were on the ball and looking to get forward: few options, little support and not much imagination so on the occasions it wasn't passed square, there was a lot of dithering whilst Ipswich got back and it usually ended up with a high ball into a crowded box - I don't think I saw a single ball all game whipped across low and fast or an early ball to run on to.

47Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 19:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Seems like a fair and balanced report there Wander. (unlike your usual posts). (just joking Smile)

48Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 21:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton

Despite putting in a strong performance on the road, a second-half strike double from Ipswich Town frontman David McGoldrick saw Bolton Wanderers taste defeat at Portman Road.

On another day Wanderers would have earned a point in East Anglia as they showed attacking intent and a dogged resolve throughout the contest, but were unable to make their positive presence count.

McGoldrick’s deflected drive not long after the restart gave the hosts the advantage before he rounded the victory off moments from full-time with a powerful shot past Ben Alnwick.

Wanderers made two changes from the side that lost at home to Sheffield United with Craig Noone and Filipe Morais coming in for Will Buckley and Adam Armstrong.

There was a change in formation also with manager Phil Parkinson reverting to three at the back. Mark Beevers, David Wheater and Reece Burke playing in defence.

The hosts won the first corner of the game after nine minutes after a swift counter saw Burke thwart the rampaging run of Jordan Spence down the far left channel. The effort came to nothing though.

Wanderers responded through Noone whose probing run and shot was blocked at the expense of a free-kick after Morais was fouled.

Noone tried his luck from range after Josh Cullen laid the ball through to him but the wideman’s effort never troubled Bartosz Bialkowski in the Town goal.

Grant Ward sized up a shot from 25 yards as Ipswich looked to seize the initiative but saw his effort go hopelessly wide of Ben Alnwick’s right hand stick.

Noone, whose hunger to get off the mark in a Wanderers shirt was apparent from the off, had another effort but his strike looped into the grateful arms of Bialkowski.

The winger earned his team a corner moments later when his right-footed effort deflected out of play.

It was a bright, positive start from the visitors who were certainly looking to take the game to the hosts.

Morais was the beneficiary of a sublime pass from Noone after the former Cardiff City man weaved his way into the box, but the Portuguese-born star couldn’t keep his effort on target as Wanderers spurned another chance to break the deadlock.

The next chance fell to Gary Madine whose effort from 30 yards appeared destined for the top left hand corner but for the hands of Bialkowski who palmed away the effort.

There was no question that Wanderers were the better team inside the opening half an hour and should have been at least one goal to the good for all the attacking intent they showed.

Against the run of play, the hosts took the lead moments after the restart after Cole Skuse’s shot from distance took a wicked deflection to flat foot Alnwick. The chance was created courtesy of a great run and cut-back from David McGoldrick on the right hand side.

Wanderers almost responded instantly when Karacan’s drive bounced awkwardly in front of Bialkowski who palmed the effort away.

Wanderers kept their heads held high despite the setback and continued with their attacking endeavour with Madine causing a nuisance to the Town backline.

And frontman would have snatched an equaliser had Wheater not got in the way of him following a goalmouth melee and some intricate attacking play inside the Town box.

At this stage luck wasn’t with the visitors despite their good play throughout the contest.

Alnwick was then pressed into making a crucial save from McGoldrick to prevent Ipswich from going two goal up after Wanderers failed to clear their lines on two occasions.

Parkinson made his first change of the match on 70 minutes with Adam Armstrong coming of for Mark Little.

Madine had another good chance at the far post after he connected to Robinson’s deep cross but couldn’t head the ball on target.

With 13 minutes to go, Parkinson made a double attacking substitution with Aaron Wilbraham and Adam Le Fondre coming on for Madine and Morais.

Any hopes of Wanderers getting back into the contest were dashed minutes from full-time thanks to McGoldrick’s second of the game.

Despite their strong performance, arguably the best of the campaign, Wanderers weren’t able to get on the scoresheet and succumbed to a cruel defeat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

49Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 21:38

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Like Parky says !!! we're in a mini league !!! OF ONE !!!
Says it all when we bring on a fucking pensioner to try and change the game !!!

50Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton Sat Sep 16 2017, 23:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

See the goals here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Their first was a deflection that left our keeper flat footed, the second - although it came late in the match - was crap defending from a number of our players.

A leader on the pitch would have given them a bollocking.

I know I would.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum