Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canelo v Golovkin

+2
Norpig
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Canelo v Golovkin Empty Canelo v Golovkin Fri Sep 15 2017, 23:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The so called fight of the decade is on tomorrow night.

Both boxers are fearsome and between them they have won 88 of their 90 fights, drawn 1 and lost 1 - and even that loss was to Mayweather.

Golovkin has stopped 33 out of 37 opponents and his record is fought 37, won 37!

At 35 he is older than Canelo but has boxed considerably less rounds than him 172 to 353 - which is a phenomenal difference normally - it's like fighting twice the amount that GGG has - and in theory getting hit twice as much too.

Canelo however seems to be improving his performances recently if that is remotely possible!

A very hard bout to call - it could be over with the first punch, be as boring as hell if they both fear the other, or an all out war between them.

I think I would edge Canelo to win but I can't say it with much confidence.

An eagerly anticipated bout - I hope it lives up to its billing!

Anybody going to stay up for it?

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Sep 15 2017, 23:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

2Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Fri Sep 15 2017, 23:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've ordered the fight but not sure if i'll stay up yet, should be amazing though!

3Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sat Sep 16 2017, 09:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

GGG seems impervious to pain,and his body shots could bring down a rhino,but I'm not putting money on this one.

4Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sun Sep 17 2017, 04:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good scrap this.

5Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sun Sep 17 2017, 05:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody outrageous! Done with boxing after that.

6Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sun Sep 17 2017, 06:12

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It was a close fight but think Golovkin probably deserved to have won. How one of the judges had it 118-110 to Canelo is mind boggling.

7Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sun Sep 17 2017, 09:52

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Enjoyed it despite not really being that into boxing

8Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I didn't see the fight but it's universally acknowledged that Golovkin won it even though the match was declared a draw.

Seems it was somewhat of a 'hometown' decision -

Analysis
Ade Adedoyin, BBC World Service reporter in Las Vegas
Most ringside observers I have spoken to - broadcasters, writers, even some Mexican fans - believe Golovkin won. He was the aggressor throughout.
Alvarez did have some moments but he didn't do enough - that's the general feeling.
I think the fact he was boxing in front of a pro-Mexican crowd on Mexico's Independence Day weekend and he was booed and heckled when he spoke in the ring afterwards speaks volumes.
It was a good contest. The fighters did their bit. It's a shame boxing gave itself a bit of a black eye and the officiating left a bit of a sour taste.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41292698

9Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with Boncey, i'm fed up spending good money to see the authorities make sure it's a draw before the fights even started just so they can have a rematch. GGG won that by a good few rounds i reckon and as said the 118 - 110 is just plain bent.

10Canelo v Golovkin Empty Re: Canelo v Golovkin Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boxing is a ridiculous sport when such big fights can be decided by 3 blokes sat at ringside.

Boxing should be a fight to the death, or at least until someone doesn't beat the count. Are they men or Bolton players?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum