Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Villa 1-0 Bolton

+8
Sluffy
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Villa 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 1-0 Bolton Sun Oct 01 2017, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Just back from the game and other than looking a bit more solid in the middle of the park we still have the same problems.

Wheater and Beevers look woefully off the pace of the game and had to resort to wrestling to deal with villas front line, the penalty for Wheater was awful, no need to make a challenge but dived in anyway.

The midfield had more bite, however Armstrong and Ameobi didn't get forward enough to support Madine as usual, at one point madine had drifted out wide and flicked the ball on for Armstrong who beat his man looked up to cross the ball in the area where there where 5 villa defenders and not a white shirt to be seen.

When ALF did get on he is playing way too deep and so is not in an area where he is ever likely to get enough chances to make an impact.

Noone looked good when he came on and has to be a better option to Armstrong on the left.

You could go on and on, I just despair that Parkinson either fails to see any of it, or has no idea how to fix the problems. ::seething2::
That's a surprising analysis Fab. I was expecting us to get battered by quite a few goals and yet the feeling towards the end of the game was more "is there enough time for us to get the equaliser" which surely implies that the changes Parky has made are starting to have a positive effect. Recently we have been hoping games would end before we endure further punishment so yesterday felt a lot better especially as we were up against one of the best teams in the division. Surprised you don't see this new system as an improvement on what we had against e.g. Brentford.

32Villa 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 1-0 Bolton Sun Oct 01 2017, 17:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I'm not going to the match either today. These days I tend to stick to home matches as I still get a bit nervous about driving long distances or on unfamiliar routes.
LPP, why do you get nervous driving long distances ?
I still haven't recovered mentally from the crash mate. I still have nightmares about what might have happened since Wendy and the girls were in the car with me and, well, I can drive to places I know like work, family visits and shopping without trouble but when I drive to somewhere I haven't been either before or for a long time I feel tense and frankly a little bit afraid. In truth I rarely drive more than twenty miles now, if the journey's longer than that Wendy drives. With home matches I can park the car on the flat iron at chorley, catch the train to Horwich parkway and walk up to the stadium. I know how irrational that sounds but it's just the way things are right now. I am getting better about it but it's a slow process.
Keep at it mate. As you say, you're getting there. I wish you luck, but you take it easy. Hopefully, time will help.

33Villa 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 1-0 Bolton Sun Oct 01 2017, 17:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I enjoyed the game a lot more yesterday. I turned off the radio, and just watched the odd report on SKY. So much more relaxing.

34Villa 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 1-0 Bolton Sun Oct 01 2017, 22:37

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
That's a surprising analysis Fab. I was expecting us to get battered by quite a few goals and yet the feeling towards the end of the game was more "is there enough time for us to get the equaliser" which surely implies that the changes Parky has made are starting to have a positive effect. Recently we have been hoping games would end before we endure further punishment so yesterday felt a lot better especially as we were up against one of the best teams in the division. Surprised you don't see this new system as an improvement on what we had against e.g. Brentford.
As I said, it is an improvement as we look more solid, however we still are unable to get any support up with Madine, Ameobi did offer some creativity but need one or two of the centre midfielders attacking the box especially if Madine gets pulled out wide to win the ball.

We also need Ameobi or Armstrong attacking the far post when the ball is on the opposite flank, but at the moment they are holding back and are too defensive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum