Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hearing a song and then finding out who the singer/band is and shock

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Has anyone ever done it.

Listening to the radio and thinking, "i really like this song!" And then all of a sudden they tell you who it is and you feel a bit dirty, or have to try and swallow the little bit of sick thay has appeared in your mouth.

Well yeah, in the last few weeks it has happened to me twice with two different songs BUT both by the same person and more im listening to the album and intra actually pretty good. 

Im too ashamed to say who it is.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Has anyone ever done it.

Listening to the radio and thinking, "i really like this song!" And then all of a sudden they tell you who it is and you feel a bit dirty, or have to try and swallow the little bit of sick thay has appeared in your mouth.

Well yeah, in the last few weeks it has happened to me twice with two different songs BUT both by the same person and more im listening to the album and intra actually pretty good. 

Don't worry about it Johnny. Brucie produced some great stuff.

In fact,for two years he was lead singer with Showaddywaddy,and no one knew,due to his amazing prosthetics.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Justin Beiber Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Justin Beiber Very Happy
Definitely not.

Although this is probably just as bad.

boltonbonce wrote:

Don't worry about it Johnny. Brucie produced some great stuff.

In fact,for two years he was lead singer with Showaddywaddy,and no one knew,due to his amazing prosthetics.
:rofl: 

I am one of these people that prides myself in an eclectic taste in music but the majority is probably indie particularly from the 90s and early 00's.  A lot of acoustic stuff.  But ive never liked this person.  And what makes it worse (this will give it away probably) is that he was spawned on the fooking shite factor.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I am one of these people that prides myself in an eclectic taste in music but the majority is probably indie particularly from the 90s and early 00's.  A lot of acoustic stuff.  But ive never liked this person.  And what makes it worse (this will give it away probably) is that he was spawned on the fooking shite factor.

Rylan Clark-Neal?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I am one of these people that prides myself in an eclectic taste in music but the majority is probably indie particularly from the 90s and early 00's.  A lot of acoustic stuff.  But ive never liked this person.  And what makes it worse (this will give it away probably) is that he was spawned on the fooking shite factor.

Rylan Clark-Neal?
Who?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did he sing Blue Suede Feet,or whatever it was?

Ok.  Ill take the plunge

But before you judge listen to the below song.  And then feel free to judge as im still judging myself

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not taking that lying down, Johnny

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of songwriters punt their songs to big companies who have a stable of singers and bands and top class recording facilities and quality session musicians so it's unsurprising that from time to time pop musicians pick up a good song.

What gets me more is when quality songwriters sell out as happened with Randy Newman who I loved in the seventies, especially the amazing and contentious political satire he was churning out on albums like Good Old Boys and the borderline politically incorrect humourous stuff like "Short People" which was not about physical height despite the court cases. This is the guy who wrote Mama Told Me Not to Come and You Can Leave Your Hat on as well as a string of hits for other artists from the 60s onwards (Dusty Springfield, Wilson Pickett, Manfred Mann, Peggy Lee, Alan Price, UB40 etc)

Then he realised that his style is perfect for the movies and by the late eighties had become a mainstream Hollywood score writer and  churned out sugary cack for breakfast to boost the coffers. Never imagined he would waste his immense talents on Toy Story, Monsters Inc, A Bug's Life etc. but I guess that's where the money was at. 

My kids love taking the piss when I mention that I like his early stuff - but they are the ones who cringe when they realise a song they like is by the guy who wrote the soundtrack for Meet the Fockers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum