Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mosques

+10
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
WhiteBic
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Dunkels King
Banks of the Croal
largehat
doffcocker
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I said Muslims stone women to death for shagging around. I find that wrong. Anyone who can't see that's not right has something wrong in their head in my opinion.

Its all about opinions and no 2 people will ever have the same opinion.
It would not be right to do it in this country but in the middle east thats how a select few roll and always been like that. So in effect these woman have their own faith in their own hands and made their own bed.

42Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You've lived in Leeds too long. Laughing

43Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:You've lived in Leeds too long. Laughing

How do you know he's from Leeds?

44Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

His accent.

45Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:01 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but I don't think anybody in this thread genuinely believes it's fair enough for women to be stoned to death for adultery, particularly when the same treatment isn't given to men.

The law's the law, but that doesn't make it fair. If you look back in history, all races have been barbaric in different ways but most have moved on and come to their senses.

These nutjobs in the Middle East are still living in the dark ages - or stone age if you like.

46Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And thats because the major religions were written in the dark ages, by dark age thinkers.

47Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you think we live in a better society in 2012?

48Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

LeedsWanderer wrote:
So in effect these woman have their own faith in their own hands and made their own bed.

If we lived in a world where people get to the age of adulthood and are given an introduction to each religion and invited to pick one then that would be a really valid point.

49Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:And thats because the major religions were written in the dark ages, by dark age thinkers.

Mosques - Page 3 Profile-LRH

Cool

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

50Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is far too much shit that goes on in the world in the name of religion. Some religions, like Jehovas Witnesses are not recognised as a religion by the World Council of Churches because they are a profit making organisation.

Scientologists are another weird bunch. If people want to have faith then that is there business as long as they don't try to tell other people how to live by foisting their opinions on them.

51Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scientology is not a major religion.

52Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Scientology is not a major religion.

As far as I am concerned it is not even a religion. It was set up by some American crackpot whose mother was obsessed with her dog.

53Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

although the scientologists belief that an alien race visited earth to kick things off is more probable than any of the other beliefs in the major religions.

54Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently according to a new study.

This is the "real" face of Jesus!

Mosques - Page 3 Face-of-jesus-01-0312-mdn

55Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I hate mosquitoes.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

56Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the subject of religion, this home grown Brit seems to have his finger on the pulse.

http://dotsub.com/media/b5ee5ada-5b37-4b0b-9916-e0896337ec4b/e/m

57Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:On the subject of religion, this home grown Brit seems to have his finger on the pulse.

I like this guy.

58Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:On the subject of religion, this home grown Brit seems to have his finger on the pulse.

I like this guy.

Just don't go shooting him!

59Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:

I like this guy.

He does make some good points, but some weak ones too. There is a lot of rhetoric in there. For example, he says that Saudia Arabia has contributed nothing of any worth to civilisation for centuries. Well, he doesn't need to say that to support his argument and it's an unfair comment to make.

His fundamental point is somewhat flawed.

He is concerned about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia treating women badly and doesn't think they should be permitted on to a UN task group aimed at improving the lives of women.

Well, if he is concerned about how women are treated in those countries, it seems to me that those countries are exactly the ones who ought to be part of a discussion group about improving womens' rights.

60Mosques - Page 3 Empty Re: Mosques Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

I like this guy.

He does make some good points, but some weak ones too. There is a lot of rhetoric in there. For example, he says that Saudia Arabia has contributed nothing of any worth to civilisation for centuries. Well, he doesn't need to say that to support his argument and it's an unfair comment to make.

His fundamental point is somewhat flawed.

He is concerned about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia treating women badly and doesn't think they should be permitted on to a UN task group aimed at improving the lives of women.

Well, if he is concerned about how women are treated in those countries, it seems to me that those countries are exactly the ones who ought to be part of a discussion group about improving womens' rights.

Very true. What is interesting about Saudi Arabia is that there are no churches whatsoever. They refuse to accept that there is any other religion other than the Muslim faith. If you are a Catholic or a Protestant living in Saudi Arabia there is nowhere for you to go and pray. Surely, that has to be wrong in this day and age ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum