Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic closing ceremony

+6
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
largehat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Sun 12 Aug - 23:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Muse were a great band 10 years ago.

since they decided to try and be Queen they've hit rock bottom.

42Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 0:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Great closing ceremony and topped the whole 2 weeks....however

Would have thought it would have been better if they had kept the big screens with freddy mercury and brian may on guitar instead of bloody Jeessy J singing a queen song.

Also would have liked to see kaiser chiefs do one of their own songs to be honest.

Though all in all this has been a cracking olympic games and really enjoyed, sad to see it end if i'm totally honest.....apart from the basketball Wink . Very Happy

43Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 0:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There were some good bits, I just had high hopes after the Opening Ceremony, which was amazing. Just too many naff segments for my liking. I thought Danny Boyle's ceremony covered off the whole 'British music' thing far better.

I agree with you about all the 'cover' versions. It would have been special to have had Freddie virtually there for a song and not just a crowd warm up.

Take That are naff, One Direction are a joke, Spice Girls are not an act worth resurrecting, Eric Idle followed by Muse doing an obscure song (why?), Liam Gallagher sounded bad, George Michael's, frankly, gay obscure song, just too much seemed to be 'thrown in'.

44Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 0:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Couldn't agree with you more on the last paragraph, I was hoping victoria beckham would fall off that car but you can't have everything....boris and the prime minister sure know how to boogie!

Not sure what that indian bit was during ''look on the bright side of life'' bit.

45Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 0:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll be interested to read the newspaper culture columns tomorrow to see if it gets panned. They were generally very favourable about the opening ceremony. It's very interesting to be on Twitter during nights like tonight, and there were a lot of people unimpressed. Someone asked Sordell if he was there, he said no, ha ha.

46Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 1:02

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Article-2187478-1485A0A9000005DC-860_634x478

47Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 1:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

largehat wrote:Someone asked Sordell if he was there, he said no, ha ha.

Wankers, coyle out!

48Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 1:15

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It was shit.

49Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 1:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Article-2187478-1485A0A9000005DC-860_634x478

^^^^^ AFTER ^^^^^

Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 0

^^^^^^^ BEFORE ^^^^^

50Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 1:29

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:
jayjay23 wrote:Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Article-2187478-1485A0A9000005DC-860_634x478

^^^^^ AFTER ^^^^^

Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 0

^^^^^^^ BEFORE ^^^^^

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/55845243.pngOlympic closing ceremony - Page 3 55845243

51Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 9:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jayne - I know your picture....... I have seen the BBC advert.

It is Sean Bean as a Tranny in a new Jimmy McGovern drama - The Accused, Starting on Tuesday

52Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 9:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:George Harrison singing Here Comes The Sun wasn't good enough.

I actually thought it was Gary Barlow's version!!! oops

53Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 10:29

bwfc71 wrote:Jayne - I know your picture....... I have seen the BBC advert.

It is Sean Bean as a Tranny in a new Jimmy McGovern drama - The Accused, Starting on Tuesday

how dare you suggest it's not me!

54Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 10:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Jayne - I know your picture....... I have seen the BBC advert.

how dare you suggest it's not me!

In this instance, yep!

https://youtu.be/OSTZ19n4dBo

55Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 11:35

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I fail to understand why Annie Lennox always gets wheeled out on these occasions - is she shagging Prince Philip or summat? Let's have this dude next time we have an Olympics closing ceremony -
Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 0000797064_350

56Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 11:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
largehat wrote:George Harrison singing Here Comes The Sun wasn't good enough.

I actually thought it was Gary Barlow's version!!! oops

It could well have been. I didn't phrase that post very clearly. What I meant is, the original version of Here Comes The Sun is sublime, why use a cover? There were some strange covers throughout the whole thing.

They had Kaiser Chiefs covering The Who. And then they had The Who live and in person. What's that about?

57Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 11:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Numpty 28723 wrote:I fail to understand why Annie Lennox always gets wheeled out on these occasions - is she shagging Prince Philip or summat?

Nope just Prince Henry Wales!!!!

I was amazed at how many people didn't realize that Harry's real name is Henry, by the number of comments on Facebook - especially friends who are so called Royalists!!!!!

58Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 12:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Kaiser Chiefs are one of the worst bands ever IMO.

Didn't have a problem with Jessie J and Queen, thought she did a good job.

59Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 12:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The Kaiser Chiefs are one of the worst bands ever IMO.

Didn't have a problem with Jessie J

lol!
Total wum.

60Olympic closing ceremony - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympic closing ceremony Mon 13 Aug - 12:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nah seriously, what was so bad about it.

when you put aside the emotional responses like she doesn't stack up to freddie and queen are a national treasure and all that stuff, it's just someone singing a song.

i enjoyed it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum