Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Le Fondre makes Bolton Wanderers pledge after Reading goal

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Le Fondre says he can fire Bolton Wanderers to safety, given the chance.

Phil Parkinson challenged his strikers prior to Tuesday night’s game at Reading to make a case to keep their shirt at Sheffield Wednesday.

Le Fondre produced a man of the match performance against his former club, scoring in a 1-1 draw, but admits he does not know if it will be enough to stay in the side at Hillsborough on Saturday.

The 31-year-old has not started successive games at Championship level since December 2015 when he featured for Wolves against Rotherham and Nottingham Forest.

But he is confident he can supply the firepower for Wanderers’ fight against relegation with enough time on the pitch.

“If I get consecutive games, you guys know me, I play myself into good form,” he told The Bolton News. “I did it first time at Bolton, I did it at Reading, I’ll score goals.

“Obviously it’s the gaffer’s choice but personally I’d like to play every game and I’d score goal to keep us up.

“I have always scored important goals and I don’t think I’ll ever stop doing that.

“Whether I am starting games or coming off the bench I’ll still be looking to score. It’s what I’m about, I’m not bothered about anything else.”

Le Fondre was delighted to make an impact on his old stomping ground on Tuesday night.

“It was the first time in four years I have started here,” he said. “I came back with Wolves and sat on the bench all game but I relished it.

“Both sets of fans were brilliant with me and I was touched that the Reading and Bolton fans were singing my song. It’s great to have that connection but I want to keep Bolton up.”

Wanderers opened up a five-point advantage on the bottom three but Le Fondre admits he was disappointed not to have won the game.

“We had chances – I had one, (Will) Buckley had one, and the keeper pulled off a worldie from me front 25 yards out,” he said. “We had really good spells in the game where we dominated but it was paramount we got at least a point.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Modest chap.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He should be starting every game  Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s shit

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

who's better then?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He wasn't shit on Tuesday. He was the only one who was prepared to go for everything, and I think the support he got from the fans made a big difference. He may be a foot or two shorter than most other players, but he made his mark, and quite often, he was a lot faster than them. He should be given a longer run out I reckon.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:who's better then?

Clough

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:He wasn't shit on Tuesday. He was the only one who was prepared to go for everything, and I think the support he got from the fans made a big difference. He may be a foot or two shorter than most other players, but he made his mark, and quite often, he was a lot faster than them. He should be given a longer run out I reckon.

He was half decent on Tuesday because it was against his old side. It’s like when your girlfriend comes watching you play and you up your game

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:It’s like when your girlfriend comes watching you play and you up your game

Adam Le Fondre makes Bolton Wanderers pledge after Reading goal Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCuVMCWPvRdhrS4iq4hhIqLx5778vS1_02QJVvfM5p9ENqk87I

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggers wrote:
 It’s like when your girlfriend comes watching you play and you up your game
Adam Le Fondre makes Bolton Wanderers pledge after Reading goal 51dm8OBsqBL._UX466_

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Walked into that one eh Boggers  Laughing

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hahaha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]