Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Pratley on his Wanderers future

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Darren Pratley wants to stay at Bolton Wanderers next season – but urged fellow out-of-contract stars to take a ‘safety first’ approach.

The club captain, who has served the club for seven years, is one of 20 players who could walk away from the Macron for nothing in the summer.

The likes of David Wheater, Ben Alnwick, Mark Beevers and Sammy Ameobi could also up for grabs if a new deal is not agreed.

Pratley insists, however, that players should put club business before personal security and ensure Wanderers are playing Championship football next season before talking numbers.

“The main priority is to get the club safe, nothing else,” he told The Bolton News. “Whether that’s me or any of the other boys, we know if the club is doing well and stay in the Championship there’s a better chance to stay on.”

Pratley signed from Swansea City in 2011 and has played in three different divisions for Wanderers, picking up the captaincy under Neil Lennon in 2015.

Asked if he was looking to stay beyond his 33rd birthday in April, the midfielder added: “Why not? I have been here seven years, there have been highs and lows, but I like it,” he said. “When I am fit I usually play and I’m enjoying my football.”

Ken Anderson has stated his intention to keep Wanderers’ wage bill under control despite a public search for investment this summer.

Pratley – who has experienced financial famine and feast in his time at Bolton – does not feel under pressure to sort a new deal.

“When you are a bit younger you get a bit more worried about these things, wondering what’s going to happen to you next season,” he said. “But from a personal point of view I’d rather get safe and then worry.

“Talking about contracts now won’t solve anything if we get relegated. And considering what the club has gone through over the last couple of years to stay in this division would be a massive thing. Whether you stay or leave, at least the club is in a good position.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum