Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Millwall

+11
y2johnny
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Norpig
observer
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 19:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big win tonight 3-0

22Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 19:45

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

David wheater back.  Guess no problem with paying his appearance bonus like some have suggested

23Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 19:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live and kicking here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

:COYW:

24Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 21:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Missed the game as I was working tonight.
What went wrong?

25Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:06

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:Missed the game as I was working tonight.
What went wrong?
Parkinson is still manager, as you were.

26Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:19

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You lucky bastard.

27Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

28Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:20

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DEANO82 wrote:
You lucky bastard.

Was it that bad?

29Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:
You lucky bastard.

Was it that bad?
Parkinson is still manager, as you were.

30Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mug of Horlicks,then bed. Goodnight.

31Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ll beat Barnsley. It will be them or Brum to take the 3rd relegation spot

32Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:05

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Shocking performance. Although if we had scrambled the ball over the line who knows. Barnsley is massive now. Thought Pratley would of made a difference.
Wrong! Clough is useless and I’d at least have Connor hall on the bench v Barnsley. Although me thinks Parky already playing for a point.
Time for some HARD DRUGS. Bolton defeat Cocktail Sniff one Large Line of Pure Heroin,take 5 10 mg Diazepam.
Already feeling better. Reach for the Pink Floyd Album .!

33Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:We’ll beat Barnsley. It will be them or Brum to take the 3rd relegation spot
Fucking hell put the glue down.

34Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky has proved it a few times since he came here, we go on a terrible run, scoring very few goals but he always turns it around. Barnsley are just as shit as us and we are due a win now.

35Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Parky has proved it a few times since he came here, we go on a terrible run, scoring very few goals but he always turns it around. Barnsley are just as shit as us and we are due a win now.
Love your optimism, but then whenever have you been right?

36Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Wed Apr 11 2018, 07:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We aren't down yet and still have Barnsley and Burton to play!

Anyway the goals from last night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

37Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Wed Apr 11 2018, 08:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where do i start with last nights "performance"? Parky again proved yet agagin  he has no creative and attacking bones in his body with another ultra safe line up last night.
Why bring back Flanagan and Taylor? The entire back 4 had no pace and i'll bet Robinson would have been able to match the pace shown in the build up for Millwall's second goal.
Pratley is in the wrong job, he should join the WWE as he is never a footballer and just spends his time wrestling opponents and giving away countless free kicks
ALF had one decent chance first half but after that as an attacking force we were hopeless. Parky infuriates me so much, why can't he actually make tactical changes when bringing on subs? All he ever does is a like for like swap and they have no effect.
He should have taken off one of the holding midfielders at half time and gone for it but he just doesn't have the bottle or the nous.
I want him out at the end of the season whether we stay up or not, he is far too negative and can't take the team any further.

38Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Wed Apr 11 2018, 10:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Millwall

Bolton Wanderers suffered a 2-0 defeat at the hands of play-off chasing Millwall at Macron Stadium on Tuesday night.

Goals either side of the break from Tom Elliott and Ben Marshall ensured the visitors ran out winners on the night.

TEAM NEWS

Phil Parkinson made a total of six changes from the side that lost to Derby County on the weekend. Jon Flanagan, Andrew Taylor, Derik, Craig Noone, Sammy Ameobi and captain Darren Pratley all returned to the starting Xl with Mark Little, Antonee Robinson, Reece Burke, Jem Karacan, Will Buckley and Aaron Wilbraham dropping to the bench.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers began with purpose with widemen Craig Noone and Sammy Ameobi pushing high up the pitch and applying pressure from the off.

The first chance of the game fell to the visitors. Tom Elliott played a nicely weighted through ball to Jed Wallace, who squared for George Saville but the midfielder got his feet tangled and the move petered out.

Bolton created two opportunities of their own moments later. Ameobi clipped the post from a tight angle before picking out Noone, whose header at the back post was scrambled away.

Enjoying the bulk of possession, the Whites grew in momentum as the first-half progressed and were inches wide of taking the lead when Noone’s whipped in cross from the right deflected off Adam Le Fondre and the ball flashed just wide of the post.

Wanderers pressed high and forced their opponents into an error when Le Fondre pounced on Wallace’s misplaced back pass. Bearing through on goal one-on-one with goalkeeper Jordan Archer, the striker ran out of time and space and the opportunity fizzled out.

Millwall immediately launched their own attack with Wallace racing forward down the right-hand side and seeing his effort blocked by Andrew Taylor.

Karl Henry then tested Archer with a volley from the edge of the 18-yard box following some tricky wing play by Ameobi.

The deadlock was broken in the 33rd minute when Ben Marshall swung in an inviting delivery and Elliott was on the end of it, cushioning his header past Ben Alnwick.

Noone produced a long-range strike which travelled high over the crossbar, as the Trotters headed into half-time trailing.

SECOND HALF

The second period began with Elliott rising highest from Wallace’s cross and steering his header off target.

Several minutes later, Saville’s weak shot lacked sufficient power to worry Alnwick.

Parkinson made an attacking double substitution on the hour mark, with Derik and Noone being replaced by Zach Clough and Filipe Morais, making his first appearance since Good Friday.

Wanderers’ chances of getting back into the contest were dealt a heavy blow in the 62nd minute, however, when the Lions doubled their lead through the lively Marshall.

Mahlon Romeo marauded forward down the right-hand side, and with Clough unable to keep up, the Antiguan and Barbudan international neatly pulled the ball back for Marshall who rifled home from close range.

Millwall’s No.44 could have had a second to his name 10 minutes later, yet Alnwick was alert to parry away his long-range effort.

Pratley made way for Josh Vela in Bolton’s final substitution, but the Whites were unable to mount a late comeback in the latter stages of the match as the visitors went home with all three points.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

39Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Wed Apr 11 2018, 11:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, that was another shitfest, courtesy of BWFC.

Where do you start after a performance like that? I'll tell you where, by sacking the fucking manager. He is absolutely incompetent at this level, I'd rather have Chris Amos in charge. Another 6 changes that made little sense. Fucking Taylor, Twatface and Beevers are fucking appalling. I've seen more pace at a Chubby Chasers Convention.

Why the fuck would you leave Robinson out when Millwall had a very fast winger? Was Parky caught short, was any scouting actually done on Millwall? It absolutely beggars belief that he would play Taylor against such pace. That's nothing to do with money or quality of the squad, it's to do with old fashioned management, something Parky is sadly lacking.

And we go into a must win game without a single out-and-out striker on the bench. How the fuck is Buckley going to change a game? Fuck off. At least have the balls to put Hall & Walker on the bench, we need a fucking option you bellend.

I can't even be arsed analysing the players. They were all fucking embarrassing except perhaps ALF who at least put some effort in. Again, too many players scared of the ball.

Another spineless performance in a season of spineless performances.

Parky out.

40Bolton 0-2 Millwall - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Millwall Wed Apr 11 2018, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBF I thought we started the first half quite well but conceding a poor goal with Elliot getting across Beevers (not dissimilar to Juke's goal from the free kick v Brum) coupled with yet another slow start to the second half put the game beyond us.
I did notice that we are having less attempts on goal than the other teams around us apart from Burton who still managed 11 shots despite getting battered 5 nil, but Brum, Reading, and even Sunderland are all getting nearly twice the number of goal attempts away than we are, so even if they are shit shots, they are giving themselves a chance of scoring - which we aren't.
I'm just wondering what Parky has against selecting players with a bit of pace up front? After all, Parky sets us up to play deep so surely we need pace up front to a) have a realistic counterattacking threat that can get beyond their defence (which we seldom if ever do) and b) to put doubt in their minds vis a vis pushing up too far.
Hall is scoring for fun at a lower level. Obasi has a decent record, pace and a great shot. Our goals tally is so poor how could it be worse?
I've been wrong before about youth players but I often wonder if things would be different if they were given a proper chance? 
I just feel Parky is myopic when it comes to trying something different e.g. setting up with pacy wingback and pacy forwards. We have suffered from defensive errors recently but the pressure on the defence would be substantially reduced if we had a genuine attacking threat on the break IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum