Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which former Bolton player who scored just one goal for us is going to the World Cup?

+6
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not only that he's been chosen at the expense of a £60 million striker, who stops at home!

He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!) but is grateful to him for giving him a chance.

He occasionally trained with Cristiano Ronaldo and was a part of a transfer deal for a player who went on to become Britain transfer record buy!

His goals have just helped his team into next years Champions League.

Still well under 30 years old too!

Got him yet?

If not here's a great write up about him - seems a decent bloke too -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let your Owen Coyle obsession go.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Not only that he's been chosen at the expense of a £60 million striker, who stops at home!

He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!) but is grateful to him for giving him a chance.

He occasionally trained with Cristiano Ronaldo and was a part of a transfer deal for a player who went on to become Britain transfer record buy!

Got him yet?

He was played out of position by Owen Coyle (what a surprise!)

Yet you think the sun shines out of Parkinson's arse, he more often than not plays players out of position, hypocrisy at it's best.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wasn't great for us and that may be due to being played out of position or poor coaching but I reckon he was just a late developer. Certainly came on in leaps and bounds at Valencia and is unrecognisable from the lightweight we loaned from Benfica. And I don't know about letting him "slip through our fingers" as he was never our player in the first place.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Haha!

What sad fuckers you both are!

One trying wind me up and the other so stupid that at 51 years old he needs to go on anger management courses over his puerile hatred of our most successful manager since Allardyce left!

Obviously neither of you numb nuts actually bothered to read the article otherwise you would have seen I was only
referring to it!

"There were flashes of real quality and a goal to cap a vibrant display against Wigan but, misused on the left, a second failed to follow in the 17-game spell".

You two should be known as Wummer and Dumber!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:And I don't know about letting him "slip through our fingers" as he was never our player in the first place.

And yet another one who clearly didn't read the article to realise that I was simply referring to it!

"And so, despite Gartside's best efforts, it was back to Benfica..".

Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's only the internet.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's only the internet.

Yet you are the one who spends his life on it!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crikey, he’s even turned on Nat.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Yet you are the one who spends his life on it!

I take toilet breaks I'll have you know.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Coyle played Sturridge in the right position but Eddie wouldn't pay for him, he was a bigger loss than Moreno at the time

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Very Happy
Sluffy wrote:Haha!

One trying wind me up and the other so stupid that at 51 years old he needs to go on anger management courses over his puerile hatred of our most successful manager since Allardyce left!

Obviously neither of you numb nuts actually bothered to read the article otherwise you would have seen I was only
referring to it!

"There were flashes of real quality and a goal to cap a vibrant display against Wigan but, misused on the left, a second failed to follow in the 17-game spell".

Very Happy lol! Sluffy having an Amosesque internet breakdown.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Very Happy
Sluffy wrote:Haha!

referring to it!

I was being factual not emotional.

Pleased to see you proving my point about you being totally dumb though.

Had you never heard of the saying 'better to say nothing and be thought to be stupid, than to speak and prove to all that you are?'.

Obviously not.

Rolling Eyes

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

I was being factual not emotional.

Pleased to see you proving my point about you being totally dumb though.

Had you never heard of the saying 'better to say nothing and be thought to be stupid, than to speak and prove to all that you are?'.

Obviously not.

Rolling Eyes
Beep beep.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Behave boys. Nat comes down pretty hard on miscreants. I know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Not only that he's been chosen at the expense of a £60 million striker, who stops at home!

Got him yet?

Yet you think the sun shines out of Parkinson's arse, he more often than not plays players out of position, hypocrisy at it's best.

Who’s PP playing out of position?

Sam Hogg

Sam Hogg
David Ngog
David Ngog

Basically everyone, Ameobi as a target man is case in point

T.R.O.Y wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Got him yet?

Who’s PP playing out of position?

Guess that means nobody then, you absolute wet wipe.

To the thread itself Rodrigo was never going to get a starting role through the middle for us with so much competition (Davies, Elmander and Sturridge at that point??). Putting pacy, lightweight strikers wide is pretty common in English football though. I think he’d probably have struggled at that point, glad he’s gone on to prove himself though. Alonso and Moreno have gone on to prove Coyle (and seemingly Sandy Stewart) could pick a player on occasion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum