Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Variations to walking football rules

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Much to the dismay of the missus, I still play full contact 5 a side on 4G with a group of 20 to 30 year old small town league players and I love it despite getting knackered, studs raked down my leg and frequent recurrence of an old adductor injury, however recently her (mildly) humourous piss-taking has been replaced with something far more sinister - talk of walking football. 
All of a sudden my neighbour has been hassling me to take it up and join his team and I suspect the missus has been mouthing off to him.
To humour him, I asked him to talk me through the rules and it appears that if you break into a run at any time it's a free kick to the opposition. 
WTF is that about? Surely if the ball is say 3 yards away how can you not go for it?
To me, the whole idea of walking football runs contrary to every footballing instinct and the natural muscle memory and reactions that are part of everyone who has played football and now that I'm well into my 60s that's a lot of training and instinct to try to suppress.
-
There was a thread about walking football in Bolton on here a couple of years ago wherein someone suggested that the rules vary from venue to venue so I'm wondering if anyone here has come across a variation of walking football which isn't so obviously counter-intuitive?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BanksoftheCroal got really into walking football in the Bolton league but I haven't seen him for several months. I suggest you PM him for info.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:BanksoftheCroal got really into walking football in the Bolton league but I haven't seen him for several months. I suggest you PM him for info.
Ta mate.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

ask Kevin Nolan. He did it for years

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum