Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David McGolrick - Worth a punt?

+2
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Empty David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Mon Jun 25 2018, 18:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

David McGoldrick: Ireland striker leaves Ipswich Town after more than five years

Republic of Ireland striker David McGoldrick has left Ipswich Town after five-and-a-half years.

The 30-year-old initially moved to Portman Road on loan from Nottingham Forest in January 2013 before making the switch permanently that summer.

He went on to play 145 games for the Tractor Boys, scoring 41 goals.

McGoldrick missed the final three months of last season after tearing a tendon in his groin, having missed much of December with a gashed groin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Empty Re: David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Mon Jun 25 2018, 19:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well we were reportedly willing to pay cash for him in January, so on a free a no brainer for me.

3David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Empty Re: David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Mon Jun 25 2018, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His groin has taken some punishment. I blame KP.

4David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Empty Re: David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 26 2018, 08:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to keep reminding myself that on our budget we won't even be in the market for a young powerful striker that is plucked from obscurity to lead us to the promised land because there is no way that we can take any sort of gamble in the market. 
McGoldrick is a very "safe" option, proven at Championship level but who will never be a world beater and he unfortunately fits the profile. A no risk strategy will mean a team of steady Eddy's - any exciting talent is likely to come via loans - unless of course the Saudis accept Anderson's offer of 2% of the club for £half a billion.

5David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Empty Re: David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 26 2018, 08:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes- he's worth it. He was one of the most influential players I saw at the macron last season. Better than anyone else we've got

6David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Empty Re: David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 26 2018, 10:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Rammy (can't believe I just typed that), McGoldrick was one of the best players at the Macron last season. I'd be more than happy with his signature.

7David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Empty Re: David McGolrick - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 26 2018, 17:45

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He was top dog at the Macron would love to see him in a white shirt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum