Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers want talks with owner Ken Anderson

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CHANCES of a speedy resolution to the player pay dispute at Wanderers could now hinge on club owner Ken Anderson meeting in person with members of the squad.
The Bolton News understands face-to-face talks have been requested with the Whites’ chairman/owner via representatives of the players’ union, the PFA.
With the start of the season now just 24 days away, the squad is keen to sit round a table with Anderson and the coaching staff as quickly as possible to thrash out a resolution to the row which prompted them to strike ahead of last weekend’s friendly at St Mirren.

As we went to press last night, no agreement to meet and negotiate had been reached. The club has made no comment on whether Anderson is currently in the country.
No further strikes are planned and Phil Parkinson’s squad has continued to train as scheduled while the PFA have stepped in as mediators since the start of the week.
A conclusion to the argument – which centres on unpaid bonuses for staying in the Championship last season, appearances and goals, plus the June salary of goalkeeper Ben Amos – looked no closer yesterday as the PFA and its legal team continued to discuss details.
Players issued a statement last Friday claiming they had been put in an “impossible situation” when money which should have been paid into their June pay packet did not appear.
It is claimed within the squad that no warning was initially given that money would be withheld, and that assurances were made that the outstanding money would be forwarded a week later on July 6.

That payment never arrived, as Anderson claims he felt “blackmailed and threatened” when the squad discussed boycotting the St Mirren friendly.
The chairman has since issued warning of punishment for the individuals concerned and requested players to recompense supporters who were left out of pocket at St Mirren. It is also understood Anderson has asked players to issue a full formal apology for their actions.

Wanderers again made no comment on the negotiations when approached.
Saturday’s friendly against Halifax is not under threat and is likely to be the first run-out for first team players this summer, with players given 45 minutes apiece.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16349522.bolton-wanderers-want-talks-with-owner-ken-anderson/

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Let's hope it can be sorted out, though the players are opening themselves to accusations of not playing as they should when the real footie starts. We'll never know who is, are, pulling the strings in the dressing room but it'll be a novelty losing the dressing room before the season starts.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:Let's hope it can be sorted out, though the players are opening themselves to accusations of not playing as they should when the real footie starts. We'll never know who is, are, pulling the strings in the dressing room but it'll be a novelty losing the dressing room before the season starts.
Well at least they're united against a common enemy and share a common sense of injustice despite Anderson's pathetic - and sadly, public attempts to shift blame and divide and conquer which has to be good for team spirit.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Let's hope it can be sorted out, though the players are opening themselves to accusations of not playing as they should when the real footie starts. We'll never know who is, are, pulling the strings in the dressing room but it'll be a novelty losing the dressing room before the season starts.
Well at least they're united against a common enemy and share a common sense of injustice despite Anderson's pathetic - and sadly, public attempts to shift blame and divide and conquer which has to be good for team spirit.
Pity KA can't afford to fold the club and we can start again in the nether regions of footie. But I guess, like the defunct ST, you'd probably like that. Good to know you're a confidante of KA thus actually know what his plans are. 
   I bet I have a bigger shovel than you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Defunct ST'? I think not. We're still in there pitching. Sluffy is coming up to join.

http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/bolton-wanderers-supporters-trust-agm-july-18th-2018/

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So the latest is that Anderson hasn't paid the money he owes and won't arrange a meeting with the players and the PFA to discuss the money he owes.

And the club won't say where he is...is he hiding?

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:'Defunct ST'? I think not. We're still in there pitching. Sluffy is coming up to join.

Then I apologise unreservedly, Boncey. Having not heard anything for a long time I erroneously assumed they'd gone.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:'Defunct ST'? I think not. We're still in there pitching. Sluffy is coming up to join.

Then I apologise unreservedly, Boncey. Having not heard anything for a long time I erroneously assumed they'd gone.
Yes,still around. Think they're paying Phil Brown with Cuprinol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum