Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Card marked: Parkinson vows not to change his touchline ways

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

PHIL Parkinson has said he won’t change despite the introduction of yellow and red cards hanging over managers in the Football League.

The Wanderers boss was sent to the stands twice last season, in the Carabao Cup against Sheffield Wednesday, and in the Championship at Wolves.

Managers were told at a recent Football League meeting they will be subject to the same punishments as players for their behaviour on the touchline, potentially facing suspensions for repeat offences.

Parkinson is not a fan of the rule changes but does not think it will affect his own passion for the game.

“For me, I’m going to do the same,” he said. “It’s a bit of theatre, I think, for the supporters.

“It’s a tough job being a manager and an assistant manager on that touchline, so I wasn’t that impressed with the rule.

“I got sent off a couple of times last season – one was a tackle right in front of the dugout that I reacted to and Nuno, the Wolves manager, came over and we had a confrontation. It was literally 10-12 seconds and we both got sent to the stands.

“The fourth official said it was the worst thing he’d ever seen on a touchline. I don’t think he could have been fourth official of many games then.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum