Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Le Fondre leaves Bolton Wanderers

+18
Growler
Jack Russell
rammywhite
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
Cajunboy
terenceanne
bryan458
Norpig
Nigelbwfc
boltonbonce
Leeds_Trotter
NickFazer
karlypants
observer
Travelodge
DEANO82
BoltonTillIDie
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

32, no chance of commanding a fee and probably on high wages (relative to the rest of the squad). In another situation I’d have held onto him, but the likelihood is ALF going out has freed up a space in the squad for a more useful option.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Timing is everything, especially in the world of PR , so I'm surprised at the naivete of picking that moment unless they presumed we were going to win in which case folk may have thought we'd be fine without him. Cold.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not been on here for a long time but followed a link from twitter and remembered my log in so hi everyone, unlike many I’m not too gutted by this and don’t feel he’s a massive loss. Had a great spell when on loan but it’s all been bits and pieces since..
Don’t know what it is about him but every manager at every manager  at every club he’s been at since Reading has either benched him, loaned him or released him so something isn’t right.
I reckon they’ve got someone lined up already and will announce it soon to appease the throng. Good luck to the lad out there.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There was only a bit part for him at the UniBol-so I don't blame him for a leaving the club. Why stay at a club with very few prospects when you can have a great life for him and his family in the sunshine

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Could we have got any cash for him seeing that we are skint ?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jack Russell wrote:Could we have got any cash for him seeing that we are skint ?

Doubt it- but we'll save his wages and that might get us somebody in the loan market. Unless ,of course, he asks for a bonus payment for leaving- a golden goodbye!

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He is never far from a cock up is Ken.He has basically replaced Madine and Le Fondre's goals from last season with a 200k punt on a lad from the 3rd tier who has admittedly done well in the first two league games.

The timing of the press release was comical, just as Leeds put the ball in the back of Bolton's net, its like the government releasing news of a tax increase a few minutes after a terrorist bomb goes off in  London or something
Moving to Australia may be the opportunity of a lifetime for a plumber,sparkie, teacher etc but for a footballer its a massive downgrade.The standard at even Bolton and Wigan is higher than the standard there.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Growler wrote:He is never far from a cock up is Ken.He has basically replaced Madine and Le Fondre's goals from last season with a 200k punt on a lad from the 3rd tier who has admittedly done well in the first two league games.

The timing of the press release was comical, just as Leeds put the ball in the back of Bolton's net, its like the government releasing news of a tax increase a few minutes after a terrorist bomb goes off in  London or something
Moving to Australia may be the opportunity of a lifetime for a plumber,sparkie, teacher etc but for a footballer its a massive downgrade.The standard at even Bolton and Wigan is higher than the standard there.

I bet he couldn't give a shit about the standard. He was on a one year contract at Bolton ,so probably shown the door next June. In Sydney he's got a three year contract . Plus Bondi Beach is better than Breightmet- so he's made the right choice. ( Not that he'd live in Breightmet- but you see what I mean)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the most baffling decisions in my time supporting BWFC.

Le Fondre may not fit into the current hoofball strategy, but for fooks sake, you need an alternative on the bench. Le Fondre had the ability to change games, non more so than the game that kept us up.

He will always score goals, he is the best finisher at the club, and we just let him walk away for nothing?

I don't give a shit if he wanted to go to Australia, the club is the most important thing, he should have been told he was under contract and was going nowhere.

Staggering decision.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Embarrassing the love in for this fraud

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

boltonbonce wrote:Parky turned ALF into pretty much a bit part player. Not really surprised he's taken this chance.
To be fair he was a bit part player at Wolves at Cardiff at Wigan etc.

English league isn't great for small players, whether they know the back of the net or not.

This is why I have my reservations about the " English managers are better than foreign managers" brigade.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The timing to say the least was weird? We already need a striker and now we need two after the window closes? Strange very strange. Yes ALF gave us options but the truth is he was no McGinlay and in truth would not feature much. In one respect it's decent of the club but not if we have no one lined up.

I expect a replacement pronto, IF we end up with two viable options to Josh and Clayton then we are in a better position, so it depends who comes in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well if we get Connor Wickham from Palace as Boggers suggests that would be a decent start, although seeing as his transfer fee to them was over £7million I'm guessing he's on huge wages.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Le Fondre
He is a Sky Blue...

Doesn't rhyme.

As Wessy says this is only a good move if he’s replaced with quality. Huge gamble to have such a thin squad.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was a Bolton fan I'd be seething at this decision.

Who goes into a season with only two recognised strikers?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:If I was a Bolton fan I'd be seething at this decision.

Bolton Wanderers have just done that! And they'll pay the penalty for doing so.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:If I was a Bolton fan I'd be seething at this decision.

Bolton Wanderers have just done that! And they'll pay the penalty for doing so.
It is precisely because Anderson won't pay - or at least hasn't to date - that we are in this position. Still time for him to deliver though and he's got ALF's wages to bolster his buying power so there's no excuse especially as he claims we will make a profit this season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

whatsgoingon wrote:Not been on here for a long time but followed a link from twitter and remembered my log in so hi everyone, unlike many I’m not too gutted by this and don’t feel he’s a massive loss. Had a great spell when on loan but it’s all been bits and pieces since..
Don’t know what it is about him but every manager at every manager  at every club he’s been at since Reading has either benched him, loaned him or released him so something isn’t right.
I reckon they’ve got someone lined up already and will announce it soon to appease the throng. Good luck to the lad out there.

Hello WGO, not heard from you in a long time.

Hope you are well and look forward to you posting a bit more often now that you found your way back.

We've missed you.

Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It said on the internet (Fox News) that he's in talks with Sydney about a three year contract. If I read that right, then its not a completed transaction. I presume he will sign, but what would happen if the terms weren't good enough and he didn't.
The poor sod would be unemployed and signing on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum