Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Striker hunt on - Parkinson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Striker hunt on - Parkinson Empty Striker hunt on - Parkinson Mon Aug 20 2018, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson insists Wanderers still need to strengthen their squad despite their impressive start in the Championship.

Victory over Reading on Saturday made it two away wins on the trot and seven points from a possible nine.
And though the Whites are moving along nicely as they prepare for a home double header against Birmingham City and Sheffield United, the manager is keen to give himself every possible chance of keeping the good run going.
“We want at least one more striker and it isn’t easy because everyone is looking at the same ones, it’s a crowded market – but we do have options,” he told The Bolton News.

“We’ve got Josh (Magennis) and Clayton (Donaldson) who can play number nine, Ozzie (Erhun Oztumer) and (Josh) Vela who can do number 10 and we have Connor Hall to come off the bench at the moment.
“We have made a great start but everyone can see I am at least one striker down on where I need to be.
“I am confident we’ll get what we need but we do need to sort it as soon as we can.”
Wanderers have exceeded expectations after an unbeaten start which leaves them fifth in the table and Parkinson was quick to heap praise on to his players after the final whistle at the Madejski.

“When you piece a squad together over such a disjointed summer, as it was for many reasons, then it can be tough,” he said. “But we signed good lads, good characters, and we have to mention the performance on Tuesday against Leeds went a long way towards this performances as well.
“If you are Mark Beevers or David Wheater, for instance, watching the Leeds game you know you have got to step up. We changed it again to put the fresh legs in but the lads who were not in the team were great before, at half-time and afterwards congratulating the lads. I’m so pleased with what I saw.
“We had to be good because they are clever players. The back four was tight, there were no gaps.
Sammy Ameobi did not travel to Reading but Parkinson says he will be assessed this morning to see if he can play some part against Birmingham.

“The swelling has gone in Sammy’s hip so it’s just a bit of pain management now,” he said.
“He wasn’t right this week but he’s in over the weekend and we’ll see how he is Monday.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16584984.bolton-boss-phil-parkinson-on-striker-search-after-reading-win/?ref=mr&lp=2

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum