Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers flop signs for West Brom!!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanderers flop signs for West Brom!!! Empty Wanderers flop signs for West Brom!!! Tue Aug 28 2018, 12:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FORMER Wanderers full-back Tyrone Mears has signed a short-term deal with Championship rivals West Brom.

The defender, now 35, was released by Minnesota United this week after nearly four years in MLS. He had previously played for the Seattle Sounders and Atlanta United.
Mears played for Wanderers between 2011 and 2014 but made just 32 appearances in all competitions.
He arrived on a lucrative three-year contract in a £3million deal alongside Chris Eagles from Burnley but suffered a badly broken leg in training just a few weeks before the start of the 2010/11 campaign.

Surgical complications meant he played just once in the Premier League, returning under Owen Coyle when the club dropped into the Championship. But after falling completely out of favour under Dougie Freedman he spent several unhappy months on the side-lines before his eventual release alongside Zat Knight and Eagles in the summer of 2014.
Mears has signed a rolling contract until January at The Hawthorns, with manager Darren Moore adding: “We’re former team-mates at Derby and when I heard about his availability and looked at the situation we have in terms of the squad’s balance at the moment, it was a no-brainer for me.
“Tyrone has got a wealth of experience and is a very fit footballer. He totally understands the division we are in and I have no doubt about the job he will be able to do for us.
“The mere fact that he has been in the MLS for the past three years is testament to his condition because you have to be physically right to compete in that league.  
“He’s got massive experience and I’m pleased to have him here.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16602813.west-brom-sign-former-bolton-wanderers-flop-tyrone-mears/

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Money grabbing shit house! Didn't he refuse to go on loan or leave due to his massive wages?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

See this thread from a while ago.. I think we all loved him to be fair:

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk/t8089-tyrone-mears-thanks-and-goodbye

Didn’t want to go on loan to blackpool if I remember correctly, can hardly blame him in fairness.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum