2018 Budget

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think this is a great budget so far.

I don't think anyone can be unhappy about what has been said.

Surely even the Labour lovers can see that the Tories have once again sorted out the UK's finances.

2 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 16:55

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Tories are shitting themselves at losing power...

3 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 17:15

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I think this is a great budget so far.

I don't think anyone can be unhappy about what has been said.

Surely even the Labour lovers can see that the Tories have once again sorted out the UK's finances.

Lets see the small print- the things he didn't say first.
But I agree with your general sentiment that its a good budget for most people and businesses ( and hence employment prospects)

4 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:15

bwfc71

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
But has already been said if we eave the EU with no deal then this budget will be ripped to shrederines, and the March financial statement will be a full blown emergency budget in which austerity will be far worse than what we have had so far.

£420million for potholes is definitely nowhere near enough as that wont even cover the potholes for Bolton and Bury put together!

To me this is a budget in which the Tories are running scared and willing to win voters in any flash-election that will take place between now and next April

5 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:17

bwfc71

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
PS
£500million in case of no deal exit from EU - definitely nowhere near enough, considering both Belgium and Netherlands are putting more than £2billion towards a no deal exit for UK - whilst France and Germany are putting much more towards a no-deal

6 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:23

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You're slightly biased though Chris.

This is a good budget for the British people.

7 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:24

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It’s the Tories, all spin and no action same as always. Not to mention the fact if Brexit comes off none of this is happening.

8 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:It’s the Tories, all spin and no action same as always. Not to mention the fact if Brexit comes off none of this is happening.

I knew you'd be along to dampen my spirits.

9 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:27

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@T.R.O.Y wrote:It’s the Tories, all spin and no action same as always. Not to mention the fact if Brexit comes off none of this is happening.
What's the alternative?

Comrade Corbyn?

10 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:30

bwfc71

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You're slightly biased though Chris.

This is a good budget for the British people.

Is it?

What happens if we leave EU with no budget?
how are people saving money with this budget?
how are people having more disposable income to spend in this budget?
how are the number of people on working tax credits and other benefits going to come off these in this budget?
how is the nhs going to reduce its overall debt with only £4.2billion/year never mid increase services for people?

Only good things is that alcohol and fuel hasn't increased in taxation, but still rising in prices at point of service, thus reducing disposable income for other luxury and necessary items  - in other words yet another negative, at the end of the day!

11 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:34

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
What's the alternative?

Comrade Corbyn?

Has he got any ideas to solve our financial problems.

Oh yes he has!!

SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!!!  

Last edited by Cajunboy on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:36; edited 1 time in total

12 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:35

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There are people literally dancing in the streets of Preston. That's what the British people think.

The Tories have done us proud.

13 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 18:39

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Natasha Whittam wrote:There are people literally dancing in the streets of Preston. That's what the British people think.

The Tories have done us proud.
It's the same in Blackpool too!!!!!

It's unbelievable the feeling of  joy as people  are dancing under the bright lights on the promenade tonight!!!

14 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 19:26

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Cajunboy wrote:What's the alternative?

Comrade Corbyn?

Has he got any ideas to solve our financial problems.

Oh yes he has!!

SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!!!  

Sorry, so you don’t want spend, spend, spend?

Presumably you’re not supporting this budget then?

15 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 19:27

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd no idea Blackpool still existed.

16 Re: 2018 Budget on Mon Oct 29 2018, 22:49

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
You wanna see what they are doing in Brighton

17 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 02:09

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not had a chance to look at it properly yet but did notice moving the tax thresholds so that people earning £12k a year will pay £135 a year less tax and people earning £50k a year will pay £750 a year less tax which ain't great for some considering the rate at which the cost of living is rising. Also noted that the "living wage" hourly rate is still way behind the official Living Wage Association rate, and every department that was given a bit extra claimed it was nowhere near their requirements and in many cases doesn't get near putting back the amount they took away in the austerity cutbacks - poor considering the Government's annual spend is almost a trillion. Wondering where the rest of the money is going or whether they are deliberately engineering a divided society, reduction in quantity and quality of services, low wage economy and all the social dysfunction and unrest that it brings. Still it's irrelevant for now as all this is predicated on us getting a good Brexit deal - something that the PM and Chancellor can't agree on. We'll see.

18 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 12:49

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Even Hammond admits there will be no "real terms" increase in public spending apart from on the NHS. So how is this ending austerity?

And that is assuming we get a deal on brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46024014

19 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 14:39

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:I'd no idea Blackpool still existed.
It's best to treat Blackpool like a Safari Park.

It's full of strange animals parading about not really knowing what to do with their time.

Probably best to give it a miss.

If you must go, then approach carefully.

Make sure all the windows and doors of your vehicle are closed tightly, never open them or attempt to get out .

Proceed quickly and observe the strange creatures that shuffle along the promenade.

Last week on my way home from the delights of Lytham, an old man wearing tweed slippers and sporting a tea cosy on his head,  threw up in the gutter as I accelerated past him opposite the Tower.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Tue Oct 30 2018, 16:50; edited 1 time in total

20 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 14:50

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:Last week on my way home from the delights of Lytham, an old man wearing tweed slippers and sporting a tea cosy on his head,  threw up in the gutter as I accelerated past him opposite the Tower.

So you've met Bonce then?

21 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 14:54

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No, I just missed him!

22 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 14:58

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bastards. I deserve respect. I made the tea cosy fashionable.

23 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 15:06

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Having looked at it now, I can see it's a budget for the rich unless the rich want a divided society, poor health care, crap education for their kids, social unrest, increased crime, higher incidence of mental health problems and a low wage society that increasingly resents them.
I guess it all comes down to being rich enough to have private healthcare, private education and jobs lined up for their kids and a home in a low crime area like Norfolk for instance.

24 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 15:08

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
No surprises then! What do you expect from the Tories?

25 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 15:40

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Predictable from the Labour Twins.

26 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 15:47

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:No surprises then! What do you expect from the Tories?
Nothing less TBH. For me personally, the budget has little impact other than the increased taxes on wine (!), holidays, selling property and the effect on the public services I use. If I was a selfish bastard it wouldn't bother me too much, but I am concerned about my kids inheriting a divided and increasingly volatile society and I am concerned for the majority of British people who aren't as lucky as me who will take the brunt of it.
I'd have been a lot happier if they hadn't raised the upper tax threshold (or even reduced it) but instead had raised the lower threshold by a higher amount to help those struggling to get by. Don't see the point of making the rich richer if it means increased crime, poverty and illness and decreased education and public services for the many. It can only lead to trouble.

27 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 15:51

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
An end to austerity, that made me laugh! Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people struggling with Universal credit and using foodbanks.

28 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 16:03

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:An end to austerity, that made me laugh! Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people struggling with Universal credit and using foodbanks.
They, along with the homeless and mental health sufferers don't exist in Toryland. The Police, Local Councils, NHS workers and Teachers are already lined up to be sacrificed next to keep their millionaire backers happy in their foreign homes.

29 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I agree that the budget doesn't go nearly far enough but no government, Tory or Labour, will ever be brave enough to make the tough decisions that actually make things fairer.

1) Stop making the NHS "free for everyone". Make all those people having treatment for conditions they brought on themselves PAY FOR THEIR FUCKING TREATMENT. If some obese person wants a gastric band, make them pay for it. If someone smoked 80 fags a day or drank 20 pints every night, don't be wasting resources on them. If they want help, make them pay. Also, while clearly not their own fault, couples who want IVF should be paying. Not having children is not a sickness or disease. There are people with cancer not getting the drugs they need because couples are getting £5,000 per cycle for IVF.

2) Stop paying for people to have children. Stop handing out child benefit, stop handing out free nursery places. We seem to have reached a situation where people have kids and then expect the taxpayer to pay for them. If you want a kid, then fucking pay for him or her.

These two obvious changes would transform the budget for the NHS, universal credit, mental health etc. I can't imagine any decent, sane person not agreeing with me. 25 stone Janice with 4 kids from Crawley, probably not so much.

30 Re: 2018 Budget on Tue Oct 30 2018, 16:49

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I agree that the budget doesn't go nearly far enough but no government, Tory or Labour, will ever be brave enough to make the tough decisions that actually make things fairer.

1) Stop making the NHS "free for everyone". Make all those people having treatment for conditions they brought on themselves PAY FOR THEIR FUCKING TREATMENT. If some obese person wants a gastric band, make them pay for it. If someone smoked 80 fags a day or drank 20 pints every night, don't be wasting resources on them. If they want help, make them pay. Also, while clearly not their own fault, couples who want IVF should be paying. Not having children is not a sickness or disease. There are people with cancer not getting the drugs they need because couples are getting £5,000 per cycle for IVF.

2) Stop paying for people to have children. Stop handing out child benefit, stop handing out free nursery places. We seem to have reached a situation where people have kids and then expect the taxpayer to pay for them. If you want a kid, then fucking pay for him or her.

These two obvious changes would transform the budget for the NHS, universal credit, mental health etc. I can't imagine any decent, sane person not agreeing with me. 25 stone Janice with 4 kids from Crawley, probably not so much.
Great post NAT.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum