Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Andy Taylor says players must fight for Phil Parkinson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Anderson has provided a measure of backing for Phil Parkinson – now Andy Taylor believes Wanderers’ players have to follow suit by earning a result at Aston Villa.

Speaking for a dressing room still seemingly united behind their manager, Taylor has warned the Whites they cannot afford to mope after a run of one win in 11 games.

Parkinson’s job security has been stabilised somewhat by the recent words of his chairman in the aftermath of Saturday’s home defeat to Hull City.

Taylor is experienced enough to know, however, that fortunes must pick up quickly if the pressure on Parkinson’s shoulders is to be relieved. “I’ve been in football a long time now and you know it comes down to results,” he told The Bolton News. “I hope nothing silly goes on behind the scenes but it’s out of our hands as players – we have to just crack on and work hard for the manager, do what he tells us out on the pitch.

“We don’t want to be involved in another relegation scrap. We had a fantastic start to the season and that put us into a healthier positon than we were in last year.

“We know that can change. Results haven’t been great and we certainly don’t want to slip any further – but at the start of the season we knew we’d be in for a fight.

“There will be times when we lose two or three together but as long as you remain focussed on putting an end to that run and not start feeling sorry for yourselves or looking for excuses, then we should be okay.”

Although Parkinson admitted speculation had “snowballed” following a statement made by Anderson before the Hull game, Taylor says the way he has handled off-the-field distraction will be important in turning the club’s form around.

“In a weird way the uphill battles we have faced as a club has galvanised us,” he said. “It has brought every member of staff at the stadium and the training ground, players and I’d like to think the fans together. We are determined firstly to stay in this division but also to kick on.

“The manager has used that to build the team spirit we have got. It’s massively important to be successful.

“I genuinely believe we will be fine come the end of the season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum