Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALAN HOUGHTON'S FANS' VIEW: Aston Villa 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks to Sky TV, we had to charge down the M6 on a busy Friday evening.

But, mercifully, the traffic was flowing on the journey to Villa Park and I had just enough time to treat myself to a Pukka steak pie, chips and curry, otherwise known as 'Holte Cuisine' in the ground.

Villa chose this occasion as their Remembrance match and the parade of veterans was warmly applauded by both sets of fans and the minute’s silence was duly observed as the Last Post was played. Last weekend’s tragedy at Leicester was also remembered.

Phil Parkinson rang the changes again in his attempts to find a winning formula.

After a couple of minutes, Villa cut through our defence with ease for Jack Grealish to score a well-taken goal.

It looked like we were on for a hiding, but we stuck at it and made a game of it.

We more than held our own and managed to create a few chances with Jack Hobbs' header miraculously cleared off the line in the first half.

Villa increased their lead early in the second half in dubious circumstances. The referee awarded them a soft free kick, from which James Chester headed in from what looked like an offside position.

But luck often seems to desert you when you’re struggling.

Overall, it was a much better performance than of late and we deserved something from this game.

But if we don’t score, we’re not going to get anything.

Once we get near the opposition’s end, the quality is sadly lacking.

There’s no doubt the team are putting the effort in but it is all going to waste as we cross the halfway line.

The fans are becoming very polarised in their views, with the “Parkinson-out” brigade hurling abuse at the players and management from the kick off.

They have taken encouragement from Mr Anderson’s comments about taking whatever action is necessary.

I actually had one fan tell me before last Saturday’s match he was on a winner that day, whatever happened. If Bolton won, he’d be happy; if Bolton lost, he’d be happy as Parkinson would be gone.

The silent majority still think we can play our way out of our current difficulties and Parkinson is the man to do it.

We’re on a bad run but we’ve been there before.

Let’s stick together. United we stand, divided we fall.

Source

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

The silent majority still think we can play our way out of our current difficulties and Parkinson is the man to do it.

Source
What a ludicrous statement. If they're silent then how the hell does he know what they think?
Perhaps they're so fed up they can't be arsed expressing an opinion. 
The attendance (or lack of it) at home matches speaks volumes about what the 'silent' majority think.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum