Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton fans to protest against ownership before Reading game

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers fans have confirmed they will be mounting a second protest against club owner Ken Anderson before Tuesday night’s game against Reading.

Thousands gathered outside the stadium before last Monday’s televised game against West Brom in a show of frustration at the way the club is being run.

After a ‘peaceful protest’ outside the stadium there were some isolated incidents of trouble during the game itself, including tennis balls being thrown on to the pitch.

Organisers of Tuesday night’s march have again called for sensible action and have asked those involved to meet at the Nat Lofthouse memorial statue at 7pm to begin a lap of the ground.

The statement, addressed to supporters, read: “Last Monday, we asked you to take part in a protest against owner Ken Anderson before the game against West Bromwich Albion.

“We asked you to voice your discontent by agreeing to meet at the Nat Lofthouse memorial statue from 7pm, before embarking upon a lap of the University of Bolton Stadium where other like-minded fans could freely join the march.

“It was absolutely incredible to see the amount of fellow fans that turned out for the protest, with an estimated 3,000 to 4,000 in attendance.

“We acknowledge there were unsavoury moments from a minority, but the actions of individuals are not reflective of a pre-planned protest which otherwise brought a great deal of exposure to our famous club.

“We are now asking you again to join us outside the ground - same time, same place, on Tuesday night for another peaceful protest prior to the match against Reading.

“We KNOW the protests aren’t going to force a change in ownership.

“We KNOW these protests are not going to be accepted by all.

“But we also KNOW our club cannot and will not be allowed to simply slip away.

“Hopefully we’ll see you again outside the ground on Tuesday night. Same time, same place.

“Whoever’s name is above the door “Whoever holds the key “They’ll never own our football club “It belongs to you and me.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken is unlikely to be there so what's the point?

It's like protesting about speeding cars whilst sat in the middle of a forest.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hopefully no tennis balls- but if stewards get a bit aggressive then thumping them back should be fine

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be attending the game in a red mankini, and sporting my very best zip up slippers. My choice of headgear has not yet been decided.
Ken will have to take notice.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'll be attending the game in a red mankini, and sporting my very best zip up slippers. My choice of headgear has not yet been decided.
Ken will have to take notice.

One of these should be quite fitting...

Bolton fans to protest against ownership before Reading game Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWA0tCAjW3IZzzm-dx9VQ2DZytr8jHqkGOeNQ12NnU6bj1mglC

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Either way,KP, I may have taken about 5,000 off the gate.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ken is unlikely to be there so what's the point?

The noisy,hostile atmosphere against WBA inspired our team of low paid freebies to one of their best attacking performances of the season at home.Our 35 year old Bristol City reject O'Neil had a diving header which only went a yard wide and our asthmatic attacker had a rasping drive which their keeper had to tip over the bar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum