Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers skipper on club sale, pay concerns and survival

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Wheater says the ongoing takeover will not distract Wanderers from their survival target.

Efforts continued yesterday to progress the sale of Ken Anderson’s majority shareholding to a consortium, believed to be the Football Ventures (Whites) Limited group.

Due diligence is well underway, and once completed to satisfaction a business plan can be submitted to the EFL for ratification.

February salaries are due to be paid 48 hours before Phil Parkinson’s side face Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium and though club captain Wheater admits there is usually an air of concern at this stage of the month, he is confident it will not affect preparations for the game.

“It gets to pay day and I always think ‘are we going to get paid or not?’” he said.

“But we are a good set of lads and we always come in, even when we haven’t been paid, and train as normal, come in as normal. We do what we can, really.”

Wanderers are currently four points from safety with 12 games remaining, and some bookmakers have them 12/1 on to be relegated to League One.

Wheater is convinced, however, that the squad has enough to stay up.

“Everyone’s up for the battle,” he said. “The manager looks at the character of lads when he brings them in and I think the lads he has got here will be ready.

“We did it last season. And we can do it again.”

Meanwhile, Wanderers are expecting to hear from the Football Association if manager Phil Parkinson will receive any extra punishment after being sent off against Leeds United.

Striker Patrick Bamford, who scored the first Leeds goal in a 2-1 victory, claims a foul by Josh Magennis sparked the touchline melee.

"One of their players was stupid – it’s all handbags really on the pitch because no-one is really going to do anything on the pitch so I don’t know what was going on,” he said.

"And I don’t know what their manager was thinking, either. He is supposed to be the one who is probably calming his players down. He lost his head – but sometimes it happens and tempers get raised."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum