Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton defender Andy Taylor voices dressing room frustration

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Taylor has spoken out on behalf of the dressing room as pay problems continue to escalate at Wanderers.

Representatives of players’ union the PFA met with Phil Parkinson, his coaching staff and squad at the training ground yesterday to discuss their options after the wait for wages extended into a 12th day.

It is understood that Ken Anderson plans to apply to court to unfreeze a bank account, which should allow payment to be made next week.

Bitterness has been building within the camp, and Taylor has revealed that younger scholars – who have also not received their wages – have struggled to find cash to travel into the training ground.

“It’s difficult,” he said in an interview with BBC Five Live. “The biggest problem we face as a group is the lack of communication. We don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes, we don’t know if or when we are going to get paid.

“We are a very good group of players and staff and through everything that has gone on we’ve stuck together. We have maintained a good attitude to everything but there’s only so much you can take when it starts to impact on your personal life and your family life, that then affects your working life.

“The last time, in January, a couple of lads helped out the younger ones because they were unable to get a train ticket to come into training.

“I do know we’ve contributed to certain players to help them out and I am sure now that talks will be ongoing if there are a few younger lads in the current situation we will help them as well.”

Wanderers will travel on the day to Derby County this weekend, rather than stay overnight in a team hotel.

Taylor believes some of the senior players have also experienced financial issues during the last few months of instability but have been less inclined to speak up.

“The thing is with football, there’s probably a couple of people who it is starting to affect them and their family but they are a bit embarrassed to even say anything,” he said. “A lot of players will hide it and act as if everything is OK. But when you are unsure of if, when and how much you are going to get paid then it starts to affect you. Whether you earn £100 a week or £100,000 a week, you still have bills to pay. You live to your means and that causes stress.”

Taylor is currently studying a sports directorship course at Salford University and has taken the lead in the dressing room in trying to sort out issues with the club’s hierarchy.

“I’m the PFA rep for the club, and one of the senior players so it came natural that I took on

the role of trying to be the spokesperson for the group, get information as best I can. In a weird way I have enjoyed it but I think for everyone involved we need to see the end of it now,” he said.

Taylor believes persistent financial problems have contributed to poor results on the pitch.

Wanderers could be relegated on Good Friday if they fail to get anything from Saturday’s game at Derby County.

“It obviously doesn’t help, there’s no hiding from that fact,” he said.

“The off-the-field situations have certainly impacted to the on-field performances and results. Who knows? You’d like to think with a bit more stability around the place we’d be better off.

“Mathematically it’s still not over. We’ll keep fighting and giving it our all to pick up as many wins as we can.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum