Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Parky out" chants at Blackburn

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 14:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson will not walk away from Wanderers despite calls for him to be sacked by supporters during this afternoon’s 2-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers.
The Bolton boss endured fierce criticism from a section of the 1,163 travelling fans at Ewood Park during the second half as his side lost a record 28th game of the season.

Assistant boss Steve Parkin spoke to the media after the final whistle and when asked if Parkinson and his staff had considered stepping away from the job, added: “No – we’re as disappointed as they (the fans) are.

“We care about the job we have got, we care about the club, and it has been tough for two years.

“We shouldn’t hide away from the fact last season was tough, we survived by the skin of our teeth, and this season it has been even worse.

“It hurts us to see the team lose and it hurts us to see what happened at the football club. But personal pride and integrity means you have got to keep going.”

Wanderers have scored just 29 league goals so far and are almost certain to set a new record low for a 46-game season, which currently stands at 41.

They drew another blank against Blackburn, much to Parkin’s chagrin.

“We created enough chances to score more than one goal and managed to score none, which is disappointing for us,” he said. “We’d started the game nice and brightly.

“The one chance we gave their striker – who cost a lot of money – he tucked away. We didn’t manage to do that.
“The lads tried their best in difficult circumstances and I am disappointed to lose again but more so that we didn’t score. Callum Connolly had a couple of very good chances.”

Potential new owner Laurence Bassini was in the directors’ box to watch the game along with two representatives of the Bolton Wanderers’ Supporters Trust board.

It is understood he has made paying the players and coaching staff’s outstanding wages his number one priority in the coming days but is facing difficulties because club accounts are currently frozen.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17590205.bolton-wanderers-assistant-on-parky-out-chants-at-blackburn/?ref=mr&lp=4

2"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 14:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:PHIL Parkinson will not walk away from Wanderers despite calls for him to be sacked by supporters during this afternoon’s 2-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers.
The Bolton boss endured fierce criticism from a section of the 1,163 travelling fans at Ewood Park during the second half as his side lost a record 28th game of the season.

Assistant boss Steve Parkin spoke to the media after the final whistle and when asked if Parkinson and his staff had considered stepping away from the job, added: “No – we’re as disappointed as they (the fans) are.

“We care about the job we have got, we care about the club, and it has been tough for two years.

“We shouldn’t hide away from the fact last season was tough, we survived by the skin of our teeth, and this season it has been even worse.

“It hurts us to see the team lose and it hurts us to see what happened at the football club. But personal pride and integrity means you have got to keep going.”

Wanderers have scored just 29 league goals so far and are almost certain to set a new record low for a 46-game season, which currently stands at 41.

They drew another blank against Blackburn, much to Parkin’s chagrin.

“We created enough chances to score more than one goal and managed to score none, which is disappointing for us,” he said. “We’d started the game nice and brightly.

The one chance we gave their striker – who cost a lot of money – he tucked away. We didn’t manage to do that.
“The lads tried their best in difficult circumstances and I am disappointed to lose again but more so that we didn’t score. Callum Connolly had a couple of very good chances.”

Potential new owner Laurence Bassini was in the directors’ box to watch the game along with two representatives of the Bolton Wanderers’ Supporters Trust board.

It is understood he has made paying the players and coaching staff’s outstanding wages his number one priority in the coming days but is facing difficulties because club accounts are currently frozen.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17590205.bolton-wanderers-assistant-on-parky-out-chants-at-blackburn/?ref=mr&lp=4

The striker who cost money has scored 1 goal all season, just fuck off the lot of you.

3"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 14:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
The striker who cost money has scored 1 goal all season, just fuck off the lot of you.

Indeed he did and this was widely publicised by the twitter site BWFC Stats and retweeted by many others - however this 'fact' was completely misrepresented and I guess must have since been deleted as I now can't seem to find it.

The truth was that the goal scorer was a 20 year old lad who (if reporters are to be believed) was sign from Forest in a £7m deal.

Up to and including yesterday's game young Ben Brereton had played in 24 league games for Rovers BUT only started three of them and was substituted before 70 minutes in all of them - and for the other 21 games coming on as sub and never for more than 45 minutes (yesterdays game being only the second time he came on at the half time break).

In all his games he's been playing in a wide role up to then - in the same way Parkinson played Armstrong out wide when we had him on loan.

Clearly he is seen as a player for the future and simply being eased into the team this season.

So the fact that it was his first goal in 24 games is true but the context is that he's been playing out wide and only for a handful of minutes in those 24 games.

Yet another example of people believing what someone says on twitter as gospel.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ben-brereton/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/426192/saison/2018/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/164

4"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So are you saying he hasn't only scored one goal?

5"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 15:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:So are you saying he hasn't only scored one goal?

No I'm saying that was factual but the context in which is was originally portrayed was wildly out - so much so that I think the original tweet has now been deleted.

6"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 15:16

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

No I'm saying that was factual but the context in which is was originally portrayed was wildly out - so much so that I think the original tweet has now been deleted.
So has he scored more than 1 goal or not? fuck me only you could write a thesis on whether or not he has.

7"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 15:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

So has he scored more than 1 goal or not? fuck me only you could write a thesis on whether or not he has.

I never disputed that he had scored first professional career goal.

I didn't gullibly accept the tweet at face value though.

Many did - plenty retweeted it too.

8"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 15:56

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

So are you saying that in his summing up Parkin was right to point out that a big money signing scored? because he's had the chance to score against the likes of Millwall and Rotherham but didn't.

9"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I never disputed that he had scored first professional career goal.

So they "gullibly" retweeted a statement that was correct?

The absolute bastards.

10"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 16:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The absolute bastards.

Very Happy

11"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 16:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They could have wheeled Simon Garner out of retirement and he would have scored as well.

12"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 16:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

So are you saying that in his summing up Parkin was right to point out that a big money signing scored? because he's had the chance to score against the likes of Millwall and Rotherham but didn't.

No I'm saying the youngster scored his first professional goal against us - that's what Parkin said also.

All the rest about the number of games he played previously before scoring that first goal are wildly taken out of context when the details of how many minutes he played in those games and his position on the pitch is taken into consideration.

Parkin's point was that a £7m striker had the quality about him to score when he was actually on the pitch playing and even then, when he was actually selected to play in the danger area rather than stuck out wide on the wing.

If you had even bothered to look at the link I provided for you, you would have seen that Ben wasn't even selected to play against Millwall and was on the pitch for a massive 13 minutes against Rotherham (although in just those few minutes he did provide the assist for Rovers equaliser in that game).

So which game is he most likely to have scored in - the one he didn't even play in, the one he played 13 minutes as a winger, or the one he played 45 minutes in as a striker?

Also I'll throw in for free that he played just 1 minute against Sheff Wed, 4 mins against both Forest and QPR (away), 5 mins against Boro, 6 mins against Stoke (away), 9 mins against West Brom, 10 mins against QPR (at home), and 13 mins against Stoke (at home)

All those added together comes to just over the amount of time he played against us yesterday!

Hence the saying - There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.

13"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 16:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish Sluffy had 3 kinds of responses - short, medium and long, but he only uses the latter  Very Happy

14"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 16:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I never disputed that he had scored first professional career goal.

The absolute bastards.

If it was unquestionably correct then why has it seemed to have been taken down and deleted by the originator of the tweeted?

Could it possibly be that they realised what they actually said was totally misleading and wished to retract what they had said?

15"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 18:14

Not sure what the tweet said or what the dispute is over, but BBC Sport are also reporting on Bereton breaking his duck.

Sluffy is right that context is vital when looking at football statistics. Look no further than Parky’s record this season. Difficult to judge properly given the chaos at the club.

16"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 19:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Difficult to judge properly given the chaos at the club.

If you were paying £25+ to watch the dross served up, you'd be judging.

17"Parky out" chants at Blackburn Empty Re: "Parky out" chants at Blackburn Tue Apr 23 2019, 20:01

Ye I’d certainly have less patience on it. I’ve been to a few games this season, aside from QPR away not worth the money.

My point was more around context, I don’t think he’d have kept his job at a well run club. I think he’d probably have gone last season. But the chaos around the club this year has taken the focus off him, and is at least some of the reason we’re in this shit show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum