Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton and ex-Cardiff City man Craig Noone set for Australia

+2
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Craig Noone is set to sign for A-League outfit Melbourne City.

The 31-year-old winger has been with Wanderers for the last two seasons following a move from Cardiff City.

Noone has made 65 appearance in all competitions and scored two goals – a memorable winner against Derby County last season in which he celebrated in the stands with team-mate Stephen Darby, and another vital strike at Barnsley as Bolton were scrapping for Championship survival in April 2018.

Melbourne finished fifth in the A-League table last season and are affiliated to Premier League champions Manchester City.

In their ranks is midfielder Luke Brattan, who spent some time on loan with Wanderers in 2015 but failed to make a first team appearance under Neil Lennon.

They are also captained by a former Wanderer, Scott Jamie

Source

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think he's a big loss. Under a different manager and in League 1 he would have been one to keep for me. Can understand him not wanting to stick around though.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's probably seen what ALF has done out there and thought why not? Football standard won't be as high but a better standard of living and he will get paid, no brainer really and it will be the same with all the other out of contract players.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He always gave 100%, but his quality was lacking. He shouldn't be missed as 100% effort should be a given. Sadly, I suspect he will.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I never rated him although now we've dropped to Div 3 he might have been of some use.Having said that im not convinced he was any better than Stuart Storer.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He was a bit of a Matt Taylor type in terms of effort level, and shite end product.

As others have noted though, he's probably just what we might have needed in League One.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum