Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rangers in talks over swoop for Northern Ireland striker Josh Magennis

+2
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Northern Ireland goal hero Josh Magennis could be set for a sensational summer move to Rangers.

International chief Michael O'Neill currently has four players on the books at Ibrox - Steven Davis, Jordan Jones, Kyle Lafferty and Gareth McAuley - and the Belfast Telegraph understands the Light Blues are in talks with Magennis' representatives.

Magennis, who scored the winner for Northern Ireland against Estonia in Tallinn last Saturday night, is currently in limbo with his club Bolton Wanderers.
The Bangor lad has one year left on his contract after signing from Charlton Athletic last year for £400,000.

But with Bolton entering into administration following financial issues and the Lancashire club relegated from the Championship, Magennis may be sold or simply allowed to leave on a free transfer to help balance the books at the cash-strapped club.

Magennis has extensive knowledge of the Scottish Premiership having played for Aberdeen and Kilmarnock and would be a powerhouse striker for Steven Gerrard's men.

Lafferty and McAuley are expected to leave Ibrox this summer after failing to make an impact last season, but Magennis would relish the opportunity to be a star in the west end of Glasgow.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/rangers-in-talks-over-swoop-for-northern-ireland-striker-josh-magennis-38201766.html

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just goes to show truly how poor the SPL is

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Just goes to show truly how poor the SPL is
:agree:

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Just goes to show truly how poor the SPL is
:agree:

Agreed, except League One is pretty damn shite also, so I wouldn't mind keeping hold of Magennis at all.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I find this very hard to believe.

If Gerrard harbours any hope of catching Lennon's lot then I'm sure he has set his sights higher than Josh Magennis. What a joke!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Powerhouse? Dear me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum