Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The murky tale of Iles, the ST, SKD and Michael James?

+5
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Isn't it interesting that no-one seems interested, except you and I Sluffy? I honestly don't know how folk can endlessly pursue mind-numbing trivia and ignore this kind of stuff.

Forget Iles, what was going through SKD's head to come out with this bizarre accusation? Who was putting these ideas into his head and how come he couldn't see through it all?  Doesn't it almost beggar belief?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Isn't it interesting that no-one seems interested, except you and I Sluffy? I honestly don't know how folk can endlessly pursue mind-numbing trivia and ignore this kind of stuff.

Forget Iles, what was going through SKD's head to come out with this bizarre accusation? Who was putting these ideas into his head and how come he couldn't see through it all?  Doesn't it almost beggar belief?
It's a puzzle Bob, and no mistake. This might help. Or not. 

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Isn't it interesting that no-one seems interested, except you and I Sluffy? I honestly don't know how folk can endlessly pursue mind-numbing trivia and ignore this kind of stuff.

Each to their own I guess Bob, what we find interesting is clearly not what most others do.

I think the bottom line is that some of us like to understand things for ourselves whereas others are simply quite happy to take the word of someone else to be the truth of the matter.

In my case at least, that is why I find it incomprehensible how vast numbers of people, millions and millions of them worldwide, clearly believe what they read on social media to be true without question???

I guess there must be something about our make up, upbringing, education, professional training, personal values, integrity, inquisitive nature, healthy scepticism, temperament and probably many other factors that make us look and evaluate things in a way that most others do not?

I don't know what it is really but to me, it somehow seems people simply lack general common sense.

I mean look at the USA where something like 70% of Republicans believed the election was 'rigged' and Trump really won, or that weirdo in Plymouth somehow believed it was women's fault he was still a virgin and that give him the right somehow to shoot a little 3 year old dead - I mean wtf???

How many people believed/still believe the QAnon bollocks, loads believe that Covid vaccinations are some sort of way of controlling people or some such nonsense, so is it any wonder that loads of people believe 'tame' stuff that Iles, the ST and SKD spout - which clearly doesn't stand up to any actual scrutiny?

I've given up a long time back about trying to put people straight about things and have for sometime now simply state the facts, give links to what I say and give them an opportunity to be better informed - but I know even just doing that is just a waste of my time as most are happy to believe I'm the crank, not the Trumps or Marc Iles (or any other social media 'influencer you'd care to name).

It's how it is I'm afraid.

For the record I stood alone on here when I said Anderson had not raped and pillaged the club and was running the club in accordance with the law.

The fact is that two years after he left no one has found anything he has done that was illegal.

Similarly I stood alone on here again when I said Tory Covid cronyism could not have occurred simply because it is civil servants who award contracts and not politicians.

Again the fact is that 18 months on, not one case of cronyism/corruption has even been strong enough to be taken to the police, let alone been proved as actually happened.

I remember being open to ridicule on here when TROY pointed out that who should people believe, Maugham a QC, tweeting such was going on or an has been former provincial local authority employee on a footy forum!

Well I'm still waiting to see Maugham land the first blow despite all his numerous  stories of innuendo and many thousand twitter disciples following his every word.

I won't be holding my breath that he ever will too!

It's all pretty pointless really, it's water under the bridge with SKD, people will still believe social media without question, nobody will change their minds that Anderson was a crook and the Tory government is corrupt but if any of them even casually looked to see what the basic facts where/are, they could see for themselves that they believed something from social media that simply wasn't true.

That's the way it simply is these days Bob.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I guess there must be something about our make up, upbringing, education, professional training, personal values, integrity, inquisitive nature, healthy scepticism, temperament and probably many other factors that make us look and evaluate things in a way that most others do not?
Well, pardon us for living. Shocked

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Hark at Woodward and Bernstein  Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh the arrogance! Astonishingly lacking in self-awareness and humility...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I guess there must be something about our make up, upbringing, education, professional training, personal values, integrity, inquisitive nature, healthy scepticism, temperament and probably many other factors that make us look and evaluate things in a way that most others do not?

Well pray tell then why millions and millions of people gormlessly, like sheep, DO believe what they read on social media without question?

Is it perhaps they are educated, professionally trained, etc, etc, too, or could it be they aren't?

I stood up and against the crowd and backed my training and knowledge and told you all the score on both Anderson and government procurement.

Two years later this has been proved to be spot on.

What were the chances of that if I didn't know what I was talking about?

I'm not blowing my own trumpet, I'm just stating the facts.

I'm not trying to change the world, I couldn't even if I wanted too, people believe whatever bollocks they want to, almost always for two reasons, the first being they don't want/can't be arsed to question the facts about what they are reading/being told and secondly they WANT to believe it to be true in the first place, facts or not.

I simply prefer to follow the facts rather than the fantasy myself.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Facts are rather like Schrodinger's cat.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not looking to be a hero, in fact I'm not looking for anything.

People including yourself believe what they read about Anderson, I knew from my training and knowledge about Company Law that chunks of it at least simply could not be true about what was being said.

If people didn't want to believe me that is up to them.

Similarly I did the same in respect of government procurement based on my first hand knowledge of how the public sector works.

I simply explained how both worked and provide links to evidence this.

I've led the horses to water so to speak, up to them what they choose to do after that.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For what it's worth, I've never accused Anderson of stealing from the club. I simply found him, having looked at his antics at Southampton, his other business failings, and his eight year disqualification as a director, good enough reason to be more than a little wary. Both he, and his son looked dodgy, as, of course, did Holdsworth, but we were in a hole, and sinking fast.
My view on them hasn't changed. I didn't trust him then, and I wouldn't trust him now.
And that's a fact.
I'd rather not even talk about him. Let's look forward.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Facts are rather like Schrodinger's cat.

I find quantum physics fascinating.

However Schrodinger's cat is theoretical and not a fact.

Einsteins relativity is also a theory, it is certainly the most comprehensive explanation of all that we know in this field but so was Newton's for the best part of three hundred years or so before Albert improved upon it.

In simple terms for anyone who is interested, Einsteins theory explains everything we know about how the 'big' world (the universe, space and time) works, Quantum physics does the same for how the 'little' world (atoms and sub particles) works BUT the two theories simply don't match together - so something we still don't understand is out there to be discovered.

The cat theory is about quantum physics and again to over simplify it is about light which is believed to be a composite of electricity and magnetism (see James Clerk Maxwell).

Light is believed to be both a 'particle' and a 'wave' at both one and the same time.

Our current understanding of it is that you can either identify were the point of light is - but be unable to see it, or be able to see it but not know where it is - in other words you can do one or the other but not both at the same time.

So the theory is basically saying the light can be in two places at once but can only be in one place when you look for it.

Schrodinger tried to explain this by saying you have a cat in a box and if you open the box the cat could be alive or dead.  However you don't know that until you open the box, so until you did the cat could be both alive or dead until you looked for it.

Now isn't stuff like that far, far more interesting than social media codswallop?

It certainly is to me anyway.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:For what it's worth, I've never accused Anderson of stealing from the club. I simply found him, having looked at his antics at Southampton, his other business failings, and his eight year disqualification as a director, good enough reason to be more than a little wary. Both he, and his son looked dodgy, as, of course, did Holdsworth, but we were in a hole, and sinking fast.
My view on them hasn't changed. I didn't trust him then, and I wouldn't trust him now.
And that's a fact.

I was actually replying to Norpig and your post just happened to be posted in the interim.

As for Anderson we all have a history and reputation that precedes us but should we be judged by that or by what we do since?

I note you don't wish to talk further about him so I'll leave it there other than to say whatever your views of him prior to taking on the club, that nothing has been found during his reign that he had done anything illegal whilst he was here - and believe me there must have been plenty that looked wishing to find something!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, it was meant to be a light hearted aside. Razz I'm not sure quantum physics would get much of a response on here. I could be wrong of course.
I don't know if you've seen any of Derren Brown's shows (most are on youtube), but it's fascinating how people can be psychologically manipulated by a master showman.
It's amazing to watch. Glad he's not in politics.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:For what it's worth, I've never accused Anderson of stealing from the club. I simply found him, having looked at his antics at Southampton, his other business failings, and his eight year disqualification as a director, good enough reason to be more than a little wary. Both he, and his son looked dodgy, as, of course, did Holdsworth, but we were in a hole, and sinking fast.
And that's a fact.
Nowt wrong with being wary, Boncey, but selectively wary's summat different. And looking forward's commendable but looking forward without a rear view mirror? Sorry but I'm not convinced by that notion.

Any road what about SKD's influences and 'thinking'? Whatever grudges the multi-millionaire ex-footballer might have had, is there anything that could justify his attempts to tarnish the reputation of Mike James and the memory of Phil Gartside, fourteen months after PG's unfortunate demise, on such hopeless grounds?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What's SKD doing now, I couldn't help wondering? As well as lounging on the beach like a wannabe Dominic Raab, he's now a 'football agent', I discovered.

And as I was footling around on t'internet I came across this masterpiece from Iles of the Beeno in April 2016.  'Why I invested at Bolton Wanderers' in the words of KA. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What had he invested asked Chris C in the comments? I don't think Iles had quite grasped it and neither had anyone else relying on the esteemed one to keep them informed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum