Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laurence Bassini vows to halt Bolton sale with court injunction

+2
Norpig
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

LAURENCE Bassini claims he will seek a High Court injunction against Wanderers’ administrators to stop the sale of the club in its tracks.

After signing a Heads of Terms agreement with a consortium headed by London-based businesswoman Sharon Brittan at the weekend, it was hoped the end of a long-running ownership saga would finally come to an end in the next few days.
But Bassini says he will throw a spanner in the works to mount a rival offer in the next 24 hours which, he claims, have pledged to pay back close to £20million in secured and unsecured creditors in one fell swoop.

It is understood the bid involves cash from property tycoon, and Middlebrook owner, Peter Emmerson Jones, among others.

Should Bassini stall the process, there is significant concern it would leave the administrators open to legal action from the consortium previously known as Football Ventures but now operating under a new company name, and consequently extend the process.

Wasted time could also have a profound effect on planning at the club, who kick-off the new League One season in just a month and who have just a handful of senior players on the books.

Bassini says he can bring in a string of Premier League players if he gets control and – in contrast to his previous statement claiming he could get Wanderers back into the top-flight in three years – now says his latest plan is based on Championship football in five.

The former Watford owner attempted to buy Wanderers directly from Ken Anderson earlier this year but could not get his business plan passed by the EFL.

Another bid made to Bolton’s administrators, David Rubin & Partners, was part-funded by West Ham vice-chairman David Sullivan. It is strongly disputed by sources close to the deal that Bassini ever produced acceptable proof of funds and that he was asked not to be a part of the day-to-day running of the club.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17739824.laurence-bassini-vows-to-halt-bolton-sale-with-court-injunction/

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bassini is a fantasist and needs to fuck off now, Can he not see him trying to fight this only puts us further back in getting a team ready for next season.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Bassini is a fantasist and needs to fuck off now, Can he not see him trying to fight this only puts us further back in getting a team ready for next season.
Think that's the whole idea, he's Anderson's stooge, and he'd do anything to fuck us over.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We need to contact Villanelle.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We are going to end up with more poverty and Dickensian football injustice such as the Victorian Leagues suffered? I can see Bassini wringing his hands together at the doors as we arrive. We are going to experience more of the crushing deprivation that we are used to. Mr Bumbles regime is going to be as cruel as a Wolf.
Am looking forward to the new season. Division 1 is superb. Have a couple of seasons there and then promotion.
We need a couple of twenty quid strikers is all we need and a bag of chips.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

sunlight wrote:We are going to end up with more poverty and Dickensian football injustice such as the Victorian Leagues suffered? I can see Bassini wringing his hands together at the doors as we arrive. We are going to experience more of the crushing deprivation that we are used to. Mr Bumbles regime is going to be as cruel as a Wolf.
Am looking forward to the new season. Division 1 is superb. Have a couple of seasons there and then promotion.
We need a couple of twenty quid strikers is all we need and a bag of chips.
How much per week do you spend on drugs?

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
I havent drank alcohol in over five years and I dont smoke. I really dont have the disposable income to buy South American Cocaine or even an occasional bifter. I spend money only on absolute essentials such as heels, clothes, and having my nails done. Yes I am aware that an hallucinogenic would be efficacious when watching Bolton but I really dont need the serotonin depletion. Only legal highs pour moi, such as heels, Im affraid.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

sunlight wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
I havent drank alcohol in over five years and I dont smoke. I really dont have the disposable income to buy South American Cocaine or even an occasional bifter. I spend money only on absolute essentials such as heels, clothes, and having my nails done. Yes I am aware that an hallucinogenic would be efficacious when watching Bolton but I really dont need the serotonin depletion. Only legal highs pour moi, such as heels, Im affraid.
This caught me unawares, I thought there were only two ladies on here. lots of tarts, but only two ladies.  Very Happy  (or am I missing something?)

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No intentions on stopping the sale, he just wants to sue the admins and Anderson.

BREAKING: BASSINI RULES OUT BOLTON LEGAL ACTION

Businessman Laurence Bassini has hit back at reports that that he is taking out an injunction to stop Football Ventures buying Sky Bet League One club Bolton Wanderers Official.

In an exclusive interview with the Jewish Telegraph Mr Bassini said: “I have no intention of taking out an injunction that would hurt the club - I do not want to hurt the club, at all.
“I will, however, take action against the administrators and current owner Ken Anderson, as they just wanted to stop me at every avenue.

“Some newspaper are putting a lot of incorrect information about me out there - a lot of the quotes are made up.”

The beleaguered club announced last night that Football Ventures - a four-strong group led by Sharon Brittan - had been given the green light to complete the deal.
The deal could go through by the end of this week, although it was rumoured to have already stalled.
And 49-year-old Mr Bassini - former owner of Premier League side Watford FC - also clarified the often-disputed financial arrangements of his deal, involving West Ham vice-chairman David Sullivan.
The Jewish Telegraph has seen the evidence of all of Mr Bassini's claims, including the formal offer to purchase the club, financial arrangements and emails from Mr Sullivan's office.
He said: “I have a letter from David Sullivan to help finance whatever I need.
“There is £25 million in the bank, as and when I need it, from David, to help finance the club.
“I offered the highest bid by a mile.
“I had from the administrators in writing that I'm not allowed to be a director of the club, and that I can't be involved in the day-to-day running of that.”

Mr Bassini went on to shed light on the rumoured other bid from David Rubin and Partners which he also said was not correct.
He continued: “David had been helping me with the purchase of the ground and the hotel.

“I didn't want the club to go into administration.
“Every time I made an offer, it was leaked out.”

The Sun also claimed that Mr Bassini's bid could involve cash from property tycoon, and Middlebrook owner, Peter Emmerson Jones, among others.
But, Mr Bassini said: “I have never ever spoken to Mr Jones.
“I don't even know who he is - it's complete nonsense.
“There is no consortium, or others involved, at all - only me, with assistance from David Sullivan.”

Question - from Steven Battersby 

The FV consortium have signed Heads of Terms and there is zero evidence to suggest anything other than imminent completion.
You refer to another bid from David Rubin and Partners. This is the Insolvency practice appointed by the Eddie Davies Trust to act as administrators on 13th May this year. They would not be bidding with Mr Bassini .
I understand why you have published this article but please get your facts correct.
Also David Sullivan as co owner of West Ham United along with David Gold, would not be allowed to own more than 10% of another club under League rules. Even if the loan to BWFC was in the name of Bassini, the fact that he in turn had borrowed from Sullivan, would prevent this arrangement from going ahead. Please do detailed research before going to print as there are many readers who won't question your article and accordingly end up being unaware of the facts as they stand. Thank you.

Reply by the Jewish Telegraph 

1. Nobody said the deal with FV wasn't happening, it's just rumours that it might not, which is what we've stated.

2. "another bid from David Rubin and Partners" is what the Bolton News and Sun Sport have said. We've clarified here that this is not the case.

3. We're happy with the evidence we have seen.

https://www.facebook.com/jewishtelegraph/posts/10156729054827832

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum