Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Joseph Dodoo signs!

+3
Norpig
gloswhite
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Joseph Dodoo signs! Empty OFFICIAL - Joseph Dodoo signs! Thu 3 Oct - 14:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Is the clue "DO" as in the striker Dodoo or is it the shirt sponsor perhaps?

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu 3 Oct - 17:17; edited 1 time in total

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lets just hope he dodoos the business  Rolling Eyes

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Lets just hope he dodoos the business  Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm that striker Joseph Dodoo has signed a deal until the end of the 19/20 season, subject to clearance.
The 24-year-old joins Wanderers after his contract at Scottish giants Rangers expired.
His most recent move was a loan spell at Blackpool, who incidentally he may make his debut against live on Sky Sports this coming Monday evening.

The former Leicester City academy graduate has had spells in this division before, with short loan spells at Bury and Charlton Athletic before his move to Bloomfield Road for the 2018/19 season.
When speaking to Dodoo about the move, he said: "I am extremely happy to have signed with Bolton Wanderers.
"I have worked with David Flitcroft before and having left Rangers, I wanted to link back up with him to get some guidance, get game time and play for this big club.
"Flicker (David Flitcroft) and the manager are building something special here and I want to be a part of the rebuilding process and get this club back to where it needs to be."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Who else had baby shark playing in their mind when you saw his name?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit underwhelmed TBH but beggars can't be choosers. Maybe he'll be a late developer?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thought the video showed that he's happy to go on his own, which isn't a bad thing. Hopefully he'll settle in well and give us more options.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel the same as Wander TBH with him having scored just 7 goals in 48 games.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I feel the same as Wander TBH with him having scored just 7 goals in 48 games.
It's not that I'm not hopeful or that I think we could afford anyone better - it's just me wondering what he could add other than an extra body to give the squad a bit more depth. Maybe he'll turn out to be great.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This from the Bolton news forum:   might help if you qualified your stats and don't just depend on Wikipedia which only quotes league goals/appearances in Scotland and England. His full career stats in league/cup are 15 goals in 29 starting appearances. It certainly true some of these goals must have come in his additional 36 substitute appearances but that's limited game time so more difficult to quantify.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's a bit random I know but one thing I noticed watching that video (which I think was when he was a kid at Leister before going to Rangers) was that no one went to celebrate the goals with him!

Maybe he has/had some sort of attitude in the past?

Anyway we can only attract players nobody else wants at this stage so as they say 'beggars can't be choosers'.

Obviously I wish the lad well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum