Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Shirts and Sponsor

+5
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Shirts and Sponsor Empty New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 16:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What do people think?

Home Bargains Confirmed As New Shirt Sponsor As Club Also Unveils New Kits
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is delighted to announce that Home Bargains has become the club’s official shirt sponsor for the remainder of the current Sky Bet League One campaign.
The Liverpool-based firm, which has over 500 stores in the UK, and five in Bolton, will have its logo on the front of Wanderers’ shirts starting from this evening’s game against Blackpool at the University of Bolton Stadium.
The Home Bargains brand will adorn a sparkling new home and away kit that will feature ‘Established 1877” on the front which pays homage to the club adopting its famous name 142 years ago.

Bolton Wanderers CEO, Emma Beaugeard, said: “Based in the North West and having an approach that is centred on the community, Home Bargains were a natural fit to be our official shirt sponsor.
”We are excited by this partnership and are looking forward to working closely with them over the course of this season."

Becki Colton, Events and Community Engagement Manager from Home Bargains added: “We’ve seen how passionate our customers in the area are about Bolton Wanderers and are delighted to be able to support the club. We know they’ve have had a tough time, but with our new sponsorship we hope to usher in a new era of success for the sleeping giant.”
The kits have been produced by Wanderers in conjunction with Leeds-based Infinity Apparel who were carefully selected by the club due to their commitment in adhering to stringent ethical, environmental and employment standards including safe working conditions, living wages and ensuring that that no child labour is used in any part of the supply chain.
John Carden, Managing Director of Infinity Apparel, said: “The whole range from briefing to production has only taken four weeks to deliver which is unheard of in the football apparel industry.

The whole team really pulled together to make this happen. It was a lot of hard work for everyone but we are passionate about Bolton Wanderers and bringing this new kit to the fans.”
Speaking about the new shirts, Emma Beaugeard added: “We are grateful for the commitment Infinity Apparel have shown in getting the shirts produced to a high standard in such a short space of time.

“The new designs look great and I’m sure our supporters will love them.”
The home kit will feature the club’s traditional colours of white and navy blue with an initial limited amount of the shirts available in Bolton Central this afternoon.

Shirts for adults are priced at £35 and £30 for juniors.
Full kit will be available in due course and details will be announced on bwfc.co.uk as soon as they are available.
Supporters can order the shirts via the Click and Collect service at bwfcdirect.co.uk.

The new away kit will be unveiled ahead of Wanderers’ away fixture at Bristol Rovers later in the month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note: Home Bargains is owned by Prescot Business Park of which Michael James is part owner of.

2New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 16:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not as bad as the bra shirt.

Fortunately, I look good in anything.

3New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 16:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The badge looks like a bicycle reflector.

Not keen on the established stitching TBH. 

Looks like a rushed job to get it out there to flog as many as they can.

4New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 16:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:The badge looks like a bicycle reflector.

Not keen on the established stitching TBH. 

Looks like a rushed job to get it out there to flog as many as they can.

I think it probably was.

It's only about six weeks since they took over the club so to go through the process from start to delivery of the shirts is fantastically quick.

I also guess the shirt sponsor are Home Bargains simply down to such time constraints to get a definite answer from another company to sponsor the shirts and also to reduce by an agreed amount what the club owes them as part of the takeover deal with secured creditors of which PBP are.

Beggars can't be choosers and all that, we've got a club, we have some players and we now have a shirt (and shirt sponsor) - we've nothing to grumble about really!

Onwards and upwards.

5New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 17:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should have stuck with Hummel!

6New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 17:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Should have stuck with Hummel!
I was just about to say this.

I thought that kit didn’t look bad and thought that they would have just continued with it but with a sponsor on it.

7New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 17:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't hate the shirt but the badge does look a bit gimmicky and home bargains is not a great sponsor, but i suppose it sums us up as club nicely. Shopping in the cheapest places  Very Happy

8New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 17:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like snow drops. Very Christmassy. Sponsor looks rubbish though, but it all adds money to the kitty

9New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Mon Oct 07 2019, 18:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:Should have stuck with Hummel!
I was just about to say this.

I thought that kit didn’t look bad and thought that they would have just continued with it but with a sponsor on it.

Looks to me that it is all about cost control.

I've no idea what deal's the club had previously with Macron, Hummel, Reebok etc but the one thing they had in common was that they were intentionally recognised sports clothing companies.

Infinity Apparel is basically a print company working out of a factory unit on an industrial estate in Leeds.

If you look at their website at the services they provide and read some of their Case Studies they supply it looks as though what they do is to have unbranded stock sent to them, they put transfers on them and can embroidery too and relabel the clothing (the UK washing instruction label etc).

There is no one shown in their organisation as having anything to do with design, so I guess they must have some prearranged arrangements with shirt suppliers to be able to show prospective clients like us, a selection of shirts they can provide at short notice (presumably from somewhere abroad like China, where manufacturing costs are dirt cheap) and once the stock arrives, customise them by putting on the club logo, shirt sponsor, a bit of embroidery and sew on a label.

So no design costs, no premium for a recognised shirt provider, just a tarted up off the shelf shirt, from a warehouse besides the Yangtze River, with a container load making its way to Leeds for our Yorkshire friends (born and bred, strong in arm, thick in..' well you know the rest!) to iron on one or two transfers and white van them across the Pennines to us at the Home (of free transfers and other) Bargains Stadium, as no doubt it will be called sooner or later.

So cheap to produce, knock a tenner off because it might not look that pretty, but profit margin probably bigger than previous years.

Possibly shirt sponsorship as good as we could probably had hoped for (considering how potential sponsors probably view the brand of BWFC being so toxic at the moment) and done on a deal whereby the debt owed to PBP is written down in lieu of payment for sponsoring Home Bargains.

Everybody wins!

Unless you really wanted to parade around in a sexy looking BWFC shirt!

Who would ever have imagined that for all these years Buzz Lightyear has simply been talking about a factory unit in Leeds!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Tue Oct 08 2019, 10:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

11New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Thu Oct 10 2019, 01:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dreadful

12New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Wed Oct 16 2019, 00:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unless we start winning at home, teams will take the piss.

13New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Sun Oct 20 2019, 09:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus fucking christ this is awful.

14New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Sun Oct 20 2019, 13:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It feels a bit like surviving a deadly car crash but living with a grotesque cut/bruise across your face for a year afterwards.

It wouldn't be as bad if Home Bargains was still good, but it has gone really dear and shit now, anyone else think?

15New Shirts and Sponsor Empty Re: New Shirts and Sponsor Sun Oct 20 2019, 13:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:It feels a bit like surviving a deadly car crash but living with a grotesque cut/bruise across your face for a year afterwards.

It wouldn't be as bad if Home Bargains was still good, but it has gone really dear and shit now, anyone else think?
I've always thought of Home Bargains as Poundland's better dressed, better looking brother.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum