Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The IRA and DUP make statements

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worryingly after all the talk about Brexit jeopardising the Northern Ireland Peace Initiative, the IRA today released a statement that they'd attack any kind of border heralding a possible return the dark days of the troubles after years of peace.
The DUP have also said that all this chat about a potential last minute deal is just hype from Boris's lot and they have been told that the compromises that Boris is proposing to make would be unacceptable to the Unionists. They also admit to having had discussions with Loyalist Paramilitary groups on the issue.
Which raises the question of what Boris will offer them to try and get any deal arrived at through Parliament. It's looking like he'd sell his grandmother and sell out the country to try to railroad leaving the EU through and maybe chuck a few more billion at them? A quandary for the DUP as their politics are most closely aligned with the ERG who themselves may or may not vote with Boris
Another variable is Sinn Fein whose 7 MPs have traditionally abstained from voting at Westminster - could this issue force them to abandon their long held stance and get them to finally use their votes?

But the biggest question - especially for those of us who lived through the '70s and are familiar with the bloodbath of the Troubles and the bombings in England - is whether or not leaving the EU will drag us back into sectarian war on our own shores?

I hope not for everyone's sake.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Darren Grimes is a self-publicist cock who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about and wasn't even born when the Birmingham/Manchester/Warrington/Old Bailey/Brighton etc etc bombings happened. He probably doesn't even know that it was the UVF who started the bombing campaigns back in '72 and that if it kicks off again there will be atrocities on both sides.

Another prick who was brought up taking peace and prosperity for granted and is trying to make a name for himself by undermining years and years of work to get us to a place where we don't live in fear going about our daily lives.

Wonder how he'd feel if he made his family a target and they all get blown to smithereens or taken out by a sniper?
This is the kind of tripe we get served when a fashion student decides he wants to be a politician and have £400 dinners at the Ramada.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Love it, Harry n Paul untouchable.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the result of months and months of remainer MPs stoking up hatred and threatening violence in Ireland if were dare leave a trading block. 

Channel 4 will have sought out this fool and I seriously doubt hes even real.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Channel 4 will have sought out this fool and I seriously doubt hes even real.
Seeing as Northern Ireland voted to remain by a whopping 12% margin I'm wondering if you're referring to the IRA fool, the DUP fool or the seriously delusional floppy haired Eton mess fool.
Whatever....I just don't want it to lead to a return to the bad old days. Over 500 civilians were killed in 1972 alone - more than the total number of British soldiers that died in the war in Afghanistan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum