Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess the points deduction

+10
Jack Russell
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
terenceanne
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Guess the points deduction  Empty Guess the points deduction Mon Nov 18 2019, 16:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's everybody thinking on this subject? personally I think it will be 3 points, with a further 3 suspended, hopefully anyway.

2Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Mon Nov 18 2019, 16:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've had their boot on our neck for so long they're reluctant to take it off. They'll give us the full six as a parting shot.

3Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Mon Nov 18 2019, 19:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There should be no punishment at all IMO...…..its basically the EFL's fault in the first place. But this being BWFC it will be another 12 and certain relegation. I would fancy suing the EFL if that happens.

4Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Mon Nov 18 2019, 21:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i reckon 6 points as well,i've had a FUCK THE EFL t-shirt printed ready.

5Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Tue Nov 19 2019, 00:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two missed games at 6 points each is par for the course. Could well be the full twelve as I can't think of a reason why they would show us any leniency although the rules do allow for submissions of mitigating circumstances and getting f***** over by a cowboy owner is a decent one.

I think if I was involved in outlining the mitigating circumstances to the EFL I'd be playing on the fact that it was their regulations on fit and proper persons that were at least in part responsible for getting us into that situation in the first place - although I'd probably phrase it along the lines of the opportunity they have not to be seen as punishing clubs for third party misdemeanours and to support the survival of their member clubs.

So it depends on the case put forward and anything less than creative will probably see us get the full whack.

6Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Tue Nov 19 2019, 08:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Tue Nov 19 2019, 09:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If we can get another win, or two, under our belts before any more deductions it will soften the blow, slightly, for our players, who will think they're pissing n the wind and wonder if its all worth it.

8Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Tue Nov 19 2019, 13:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:If we can get another win, or two, under our belts before any more deductions it will soften the blow, slightly, for our players, who will think they're pissing n the wind and wonder if its all worth it.
Not likely to happen Glos as we are likely to find out before our next match ie anytime now.
As regards motivation, we might lose half the team in January but one of the few upsides to our current situation is that those on loan will continue to try to impress their parent clubs and most of the rest will be trying to get a longer term contract with us.

9Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Tue Nov 19 2019, 13:51

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

EFL are part of the problem....not part of the solution. They should be helping clubs as best they can....not finding reasons to put clubs out of business.
Who exactly is being punished...the prior owners who were if fact BWFC have gone and the culprits of the mess.
The new owners are doing their best to right the ship....the fans have nowt to do with it.
Deliberately putting a club down to a lower division with all the financials that incurs is a plain power trip and worthy of suing the hell out of them IMO.
I am withholding any more comments until we find out what the decision actually is. Maybe common sense will prevail.

10Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Tue Nov 19 2019, 23:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:EFL are part of the problem....not part of the solution. They should be helping clubs as best they can....not finding reasons to put clubs out of business.
Who exactly is being punished...the prior owners who were if fact BWFC have gone and the culprits of the mess.
The new owners are doing their best to right the ship....the fans have nowt to do with it.
Deliberately putting a club down to a lower division with all the financials that incurs is a plain power trip and worthy of suing the hell out of them IMO.
I am withholding any more comments until we find out what the decision actually is. Maybe common sense will prevail.
I couldn’t agree more with this Terence. Smile

11Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Wed Nov 20 2019, 13:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will we find out today? The meeting was ages ago.

12Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Wed Nov 20 2019, 13:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Will we find out today? The meeting was ages ago.
Iles saying not, apparently could be another few weeks.

13Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Wed Nov 20 2019, 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Will we find out today? The meeting was ages ago.
Iles saying not, apparently could be another few weeks.
Ridiculous.
Effectively we'll just have to plough on and try to get enough points to cover us if the worst case scenario (12 pts) occurs i.e. make a 24 point gain over the likes of Wimbledon. Tough, tough ask.

14Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Wed Nov 20 2019, 14:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The absolute worst case scenario imo would be to impose a 12 point penalty for the start of NEXT season. I realise it's pessimistic of me but I feel we will get relegated this term regardless simply because of the horrific way we started the season. I'm not blaming anyone currently at BWFC for that but the fact is we're still a long way back with a threadbare squad and while our current form is encouraging the embargo would appear to make it well nigh impossible for us to put together a full strength squad this season which will cost us especially at Christmas and after.

15Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:17

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just in from Marc Iles, 5 points deduction suspended, and a fine.

16Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:20

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BREAKING NEWS: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have been handed a suspended points penalty by the EFL, as revealed by Mike Keegan of the Daily Mail.
He states:
”Bolton Wanderers will not immediately be docked points for failing to fulfil fixtures, Sportsmail can reveal.
The League One side will be handed a five-point penalty – but crucially the punishment will be suspended, in what will be viewed as a major boost for the club.
In news that will go down well in Bolton, but perhaps less so at EFL headquarters, it is understood that an independent panel has agreed that they will be docked five points but that penalty will be suspended.
Bolton, who will remain 12 points from safety, will also be fined – with a portion of that part of the punishment also suspended.”
Having feared the worst, it seems like Wanderers now have a real shot at staying in League One.

17Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wonder what are the terms of the suspension?

18Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:I wonder what are the terms of the suspension?
Both penalties are suspended for 18 months and will not be activated as long as the Club is not subject to a further misconduct charge for non-fulfilment of fixtures in that timeframe.

19Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:44

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20Guess the points deduction  Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Thu Nov 21 2019, 19:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not what I expected. I can live with this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum