Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-4 Burton

+7
Cajunboy
Norpig
boltonbonce
wanderlust
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Bolton 3-4 Burton Mon Dec 30 2019, 19:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another game in quick succession, our midfield will be somewhat depleted, so going to be a hard one this.

1-1

2Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Mon Dec 30 2019, 21:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-2.

Ken out.

3Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Mon Dec 30 2019, 23:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see us winning this one either.

4Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Tue Dec 31 2019, 07:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guess this game will sum up our chances of survival inasmuch that Burton are a genuine mid table League 1 team - exactly the standard we have to exceed if we are to claw back the points deficit.
They are pretty much where we'd be if we hadn't had the deduction and we'd averaged the points we've got under Hill over the games the kids played. Unfortunately we have a deficit to make up so we have to be better than that so we need to improve a bit more.
We do have home advantage again so we really need this one and I think we'll scrape it by the odd goal. 2 - 1.

5Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Tue Dec 31 2019, 09:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going 3-1 win. I'll also be putting on an extra layer. It got pretty nippy during the second half against Shrewsbury.

6Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Tue Dec 31 2019, 09:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another draw i reckon, Bridcutt and Lowe out so short in midfield and we don't take our chances often enough.

7Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Tue Dec 31 2019, 14:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We sure need three points, but will probably be another draw.

8Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 09:32

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well Lowes been poor and Bridcutt wasted at CH so in fairness we may not miss them as much as it seems. In fact with Verlinden and Ronan now beginning to produce the goods if big Zouma comes in and impresses and Graham or Politic plug the midfield we might even surprise on the upside. We had the chances against both the Shrews and Mackems but didn’t take them. One day we will so let’s hope it’s today.

9Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 14:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised to see Weir back in the team but i suppose we are short on numbers in midfield. Brickfeet on the bench as well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 14:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live chaps!

11Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 15:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit a brick! Up 2-0 up already! ::bwfcfan::

12Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 15:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HT: 2-3 Not looking good now! Evil or Very Mad

13Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 17:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FT 3-4.  It was an entertaining game, shame about the result.  Another red card making it difficult for us to get back in the game.

14Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 17:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We need a fcuking miracle  to prevent us being in League Two next season.

Hopefully we can sign the Incredible Hulk this month.

15Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 17:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Cracking gage to watch today.
Very disappointed about the red card. 
Idiot move from Murphy to get booked a second time. 
Really needs a boot up the arse. 
Would love to know if that goal was offside too.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 17:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At 2-0 I felt it was all going too well. I was right. In passing, the ref was a complete wanker.

17Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 19:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I genuinly thought we would have had the 3 points in the bag after the first 2 goals went in.

To lose and then Muphy getting a second yellow to get sent off was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Gutted.

18Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 23:10

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Same report as the last game.....all the effort is there but we just don't have the players right now. 

Another thing ….the first few game under Keith we passed the ball around and played some decent attacking football.....now we seem to be back to the good ol hoofball……..pass the ball back to the keeper who then just hoofs it up the park. I'll put it down to lack of personnel for now...hope that's not the tactics going forward.

19Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Wed Jan 01 2020, 23:33

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Maybe the early games under Hill were different than the last two. I can't comment as the last two games are my first since hill came in. 
So I'm comparing today and the last match with what I saw last season. 
And I have to say the difference is massive! 

I was well impressed with our general approach, passing, creativity... The only thing that really let us down was the idiotic players who picked up red cards. 

Overall, miles better than last season, so maybe cast you mind back to last season and judge against that more than just looking at Hills first few games. Also, the long ball only really came in after we were down to 10, but even then it wasn't that often. And it wasn't aimless like it has been in the past.

I've not seen that level of fight or ability from a Bolton team for well over 18 months, or more. 

The defending was a little woeful but even down to 10 men, with being 4-2 down and 5 minutes left, there was a belief. And but for the off side goal and the Darcy miss in injury time we almost got a point. Don't forget we also hit the post. 

Let's be positive. 

Up the Hill! *

*Questionable subscription (Buckley) aside.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Bolton  3-4 Burton Empty Re: Bolton 3-4 Burton Thu Jan 02 2020, 01:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a first team that's probably about mid table standard, but it's paper thin and as soon as we get injuries and suspensions we just don't have the personnel to maintain that standard - which given the fact that we signed 9 players on the last day of the window is pretty much what we could expect. Defending was poor today but there are positives and maybe with a couple of signings - and keeping those loanees we already have there'll be enough for a push - but I don't know if we are in a position to to recruit or whether that would be enough to start closing the gap. They are trying hard but I'm sensing a bit of frustration creeping in the last couple of games - hopefully they'll keep at it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum