Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton owe fans a strong end to season says Jason Lowe

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jason Lowe believes Wanderers’ players owe it to the club’s fans to see the season out the right way.

While there is no white flag being waved in the dressing in Bolton’s fight for survival, their task to claw back a 17-point gap on the teams above them is considerable.

After the postponement of today’s game at Shrewsbury, Wanderers have another free weekend to contemplate the league table and the upcoming visit of Bristol Rovers.

Bolton’s captain hopes to keep spirits up and avoid any lapse into negativity. And he feels the supporters who have stuck by the club in impressive numbers over difficult times deserve no let-up in effort.

“It’s a very challenging period, there’s no getting away from that,” Lowe told The Bolton News. “And it’s an uphill battle as well, we can all see it.

“As footballers all we can do is try to keep giving everything we can and try to get some points on the board to see where it takes us week by week. That’s the only thing we can focus on. The short-term.

“There is a rebuild process and I am sure the people above will iron out all the issues they inherited. We can only try and keep people proud of us, work hard every week, we owe the fans that.”

One positive aspect in recent weeks has been the rise of midfielder Ronan Darcy.

Lowe is backing the academy-reared 19-year-old to lead Wanderers into the future, provided they can keep hold of him.

“Everybody can see he has got a proper chance in the game,” he said. “He is full of energy, he has good touch, passes and follows, and he showed at Lincoln that he’s got a great technique striking the ball as well.

“All the young lads who have come in this season have had a steep learning curve, from the football side and the mental one, and I hope the club can keep them.

“I think the experience will stand them in good stead in their career because you’ll face ups and downs and I think Ronan is one of them who’ll be in the game for a long time. He’s doing himself and his family all the credit in the world, really.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum