Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"I think I've developed a lot" - Politic aiming to be number one at Wanderers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dennis Politic wants to show he is tough enough to be a first team regular at Wanderers.

Fresh from signing a new contract extension to 2022, the midfielder feels he is getting stronger after being given more exposure to League One football this season.

With 21 appearances under his belt already, Politic wants to finish the season strong and rise to Keith Hill’s challenge to improve his physical fitness.

“The situation the club are in, it’s a great chance for young players to get chances in the first team,” he said. “I am trying to work as hard as I can and get as many minutes in the first team as possible.

“I want to work with the gaffer, learn more from him, hopefully I can be an important part of the team.”

Politic spent some of last season on loan in the Conference with Salford City, his first real taste of senior football.

Though he missed the Ammies’ promotion run-in with an injury, the youngster believes his time out on loan helped his game dramatically.

“That was a very good experience for me,” he said. “I got more physical and learned a bit more about the first team game. I’m happy to be back this season and playing, trying to put into action what I learned at Salford.

“I think I have developed a lot because stepping up to the first team, it’s a bit different. It’s a bit more physical and you don’t have that much time on the ball so you have to make quicker decisions. When you train with better players it gets you better as well.”

Wanderers face Bristol Rovers at the UniBol tomorrow and are hopeful of having at least one new signing on board for kick-off.

Keith Hill is believed to be looking for attacking reinforcements and gave the green light for Connor Hall’s move to Chorley for the rest of the season at the end of last week.

Under the terms of the club’s transfer embargo, Wanderers are restricted to 23 professional contracts and Hall’s exit should free up one of the slots.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Keith Hill is believed to be looking for attacking reinforcements and gave the green light for Connor Hall’s move to Chorley for the rest of the season at the end of last week.

The shame of it, taking Bolton's rejects.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Keith Hill is believed to be looking for attacking reinforcements and gave the green light for Connor Hall’s move to Chorley for the rest of the season at the end of last week.

The shame of it, taking Bolton's rejects.
A new low for Chorley. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum