Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"It's an exciting challenge" - Wanderers new boy Delaney is ready to go

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New Wanderers defender Ryan Delaney says he is ready to tackle the survival battle head-on.

The former Rochdale defender was a deadline day addition to Keith Hill’s squad, making his first appearance in a Bolton shirt in the development squad on Monday night.

After coming through that game unscathed he could now come into contention for the first time at Coventry City, where Wanderers will be looking to build on their victory against Tranmere.

Delaney says the chance to commit to the club beyond this summer and work once more with his former Spotland boss Hill was too tempting an offer to turn down.

And he has no qualms about pitching in with the fight to claw back 17 points on the sides above Bolton in the relegation race.

“It’s an exciting challenge for me,” he said. “I want to push on quickly now.

“It’s a massive club and to sign for 18 months gives me that bit of security and time.

“The manager was a great asset to help me progress at Rochdale and hopefully that can carry on here.”

Delaney has plenty of experience of life at the lower end of League One having spent the first half of the campaign with AFC Wimbledon.

And the big centre-half is backing himself to make a difference once he earns a regular first team spot.

“When I went to Rochdale I played quite a lot under Keith and this year I have been on loan at Wimbledon I played quite a few games and got that experience of playing against different sides and managers,” he told the club.

“I like to defender first, put my body on the line. I back myself to keep clean sheets and score a few goals at the other end as well.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum