Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AFC Wimbledon 0 Wanderers 0: Keith Hill reveals triple blow

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill revealed he could lose THREE senior players to injury after the goalless draw at AFC Wimbledon.

Jason Lowe had to be taken off with a hamstring injury shortly after half time and Daryl Murphy succumbed to an Achilles problem later in the game.

Remi Matthews – Bolton’s only senior goalkeeper – also reported an ankle injury which could keep him out of Tuesday night’s trip to Burton Albion.

Hill was pleased with aspects of the performance, particularly a second clean sheet in succession.

“It was a spirited performance, it had grit, courage, determination, the two centre-halves were excellent. It was a bobbly pitch and there wasn’t a lot of football to be played but if we made better decisions in the final third then we would have created more goalscoring opportunities,” he said.

“It was something to build on and I think there’s a decent partnership blossoming there between Toto Nsiala and Ryan Delaney. If we can create more chances for the players out there we can start turning those draws and performances into winning football matches.

“The players haven’t given up the fight and I don’t think they ever will do.

“We got more injuries today – Jason Lowe, Daryl Murphy and Remi Matthews, who stayed on the pitch. I think looking at Ali (Crawford)’s performance today it looked like he’d hit the barn door, so it was important we got Ronan (Darcy) on.

“I am trying to put all these things into perspective. It is difficult.

“It is a big job, a big football club, there was amazing support today – no negativity whatsoever. But they get frustated like a manager does or players do. We all get frustrated because we know that with better decisions you get better results.

“It is a process we have to go through and it won’t happen overnight. You can take me out of the equation tomorrow and it won’t happen overnight.”

Source

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:13; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum