Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Don't let me be misunderstood' - Keith Hill defends 'critical' player comments

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill insists some of his post-match remarks this season have been misconstrued.

The Bolton boss has come under fire at various times for comments which have been perceived as critical towards members of his own squad.

Hill says he has protected his players - and kept them informed of his approach in the press.

“I am misunderstood at times," he told The Bolton News. "I will do everything I can for the players and if I have to take criticism, I will, and it’s all I have ever done.

“People think I have criticised the players, but I don’t. I try my best to protect them. And before I speak about them I always have a word with the people beforehand.

“Right now this group are showing tremendous courage but I think the supporters are doing that too by turning up in hard times."

Hill was pleased with the full debut of Ryan Delaney at the weekend alongside Toto Nsiala in the heart of his defence.

“It’s important when you bring players to the club that they get an opportunity to integrate into the fabric of the place. Not every character or personality can just hit the ground running and I think it’s important as a manager that you see that in your players."

“Ryan has acclimatised now and deserved his opportunity to play. I didn’t think it was right to put him in at half time against Accrington but Wimbledon away – he’d played previously for them, I thought it was a good game for him to start in. I thought him and Toto were very good."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum