Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of modern technology.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The end of modern technology. Empty The end of modern technology. Mon Sep 17 2012, 22:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The body scans at Manchester Airport which have saved hours of queueing have been knocked back by the EU.

From November it's back to physical body searches to appease the Pillock's who have objected to the gross invasion of their privacy. Add another hour on your journey safe in the knowledge that the EU is there to look after our interests.

If it saves me half an hour of pointless hanging around then I am happy for someone to have an X-Ray peek at my todger. They will need a fcuking big magnifying glass to start with.

2The end of modern technology. Empty Re: The end of modern technology. Tue Sep 18 2012, 10:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

plus it is going to cost 1.3 million (per machine) to take out then the added cost of recruiting more security!!! Crazy.

I actually liked these scanners as I just hate being padded down by a security person - complete invasion of my own personal space.

But just to correct one little point - they were not knocked back by the EU. Earlier in the year the EU reported that these scanners were proving to be a success, and popular with travellers and would report further towards the end of the 3 year trial period. Unfortunately the 3 year trial period ends at the end of September and the EU has decided not to comment any further and as such both Manchester and Schipol, according to current rules, regulations and laws, cannot provide this service after the trial period.

3The end of modern technology. Empty Re: The end of modern technology. Tue Sep 18 2012, 11:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In other words the EU has pulled the plug on the initiative by failing to endorse it.

4The end of modern technology. Empty Re: The end of modern technology. Tue Sep 18 2012, 13:34

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair it is a very stupid situation. They are neither endorsing it nor not endorsing it as they have basically said, and saying, nothing. It is like they have just completely forgot about it - which doesn't surprise me with the way Brussels tends to work. I'd expect them to make annoucemnet that the trial is not continuing sometime in either December or January, due to costs to the public and the European coffers!!!

5The end of modern technology. Empty Re: The end of modern technology. Tue Sep 18 2012, 13:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is what pisses me off about this this country. We should be putting two fingers up at Brussells
and point out that the machines have drastically reduced queueing and enhanced security at the same time. What fooking business is it of the EU as to what security precautions we adopt at our aiports ?

And if I want to eat an overbent banana that I have bought in pounds and ounces from a dodgy greengrocer it's none of their business.

6The end of modern technology. Empty Re: The end of modern technology. Tue Sep 18 2012, 14:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That is the problem of the UK, to be fair. The UK seems to back down with regards to Brussels at every given opportunity, whereas most of the other countries within the EU basically say we will do it when we are good and ready!!! Other countries fail to pay penalties, given out by Brussels, and get away with it, whereas the UK pay the penalties on time every time. We seem to be the goody-two-shoes of the EU!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum