Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers close to signing new contract with Ronan Darcy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are close to tying academy graduate Ronan Darcy down to a new deal at the UniBol.

The midfielder dropped a major hint about his future on social media on Tuesday night – and The Bolton News understands he is on course to put pen to paper by the end of this month.

Darcy, aged 19, has been one of the highlights of a tough season at Wanderers, making 22 appearances and scoring twice.

A number of clubs had been keeping tabs on him during the season – and Bolton fans have been concerned that as Darcy’s contract ran down, he would be snapped up for a bargain fee in a similar way to Luca Connell and Celtic last summer.

The lack of visible progress since the turn of the year had raised concerns but writing on his official Instagram page the teenager thanked supporters for their backing this season and suggested that he would be staying at the club he first joined at under-nine level.

“Now that the season is over, applause goes out to the fans and everyone who has supported us this season! We can’t thank you enough. Loved every minute of it and I can’t wait for more,” he said. Meanwhile, Peterborough’s director of football Barry Fry says he feels “cheated” after Wanderers and other clubs voted to curtail the League One season on Tuesday.

Posh fell out of the play-offs after clubs adopted an unweighted points-per-game formula to decide league placings.

“I’ve been in the game 60 years and it’s the biggest disappointment I’ve ever had,” Fry told BBC Look East. “Our form at home, your form away, they took nothing into consideration, I think it’s been a disgrace."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum