Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hong Kongese are coming!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty The Hong Kongese are coming! Wed Jul 01 2020, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Up to 3m of them apparently.

Hong Kong: UK makes citizenship offer to residents

Up to three million Hong Kong residents are to be offered the chance to settle in the UK and ultimately apply for citizenship, Boris Johnson has said.

The PM said Hong Kong's freedoms were being violated by a new security law and those affected would be offered a "route" out of the former UK colony.

About 350,000 UK passport holders, and 2.6 million others eligible, will be able to come to the UK for five years.

And after a further year, they will be able to apply for citizenship.

At the moment, British National Overseas Passport holders have restricted rights and are only entitled to visa-free access to the UK for six months.

Under the government's plans, all British Overseas Nationals and their dependents will be given right to remain in the UK, including the right to work, for five years. At this point, they will be able to apply for settled status, and after a further year, seek citizenship.

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53246899

Fair play for sticking by our pledge to them.

2The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty Re: The Hong Kongese are coming! Wed Jul 01 2020, 14:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My sister was just moaning about this,which I thought was a cheek, as she lives in Germany. I also pointed out that the vast majority of HKers are young and very well educated. I feel that they will be a benefit if they came over, rather more than the unskilled people we've had over the past few years.

3The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty Re: The Hong Kongese are coming! Wed Jul 01 2020, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote: I also pointed out that the vast majority of HKers are young and very well educated. I feel that they will be a benefit if they came over, rather more than the unskilled people we've had over the past few years.
I bet they're shit at picking veg.

4The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty Re: The Hong Kongese are coming! Wed Jul 01 2020, 19:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can just see Nigel Farage spitting out his beer when he saw the announcement  Very Happy

5The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty Re: The Hong Kongese are coming! Wed Jul 01 2020, 19:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
I bet they're shit at picking veg.
Very Happy

But very good at cooking them.

6The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty Re: The Hong Kongese are coming! Thu Jul 30 2020, 22:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

China - this is really frightening stuff, if you can spare three minutes this is a 'most watch' video clip - and if this grabs your attention, which quite frankly it should then I'd highly recommend watching this three one hour series on iplayer - there's going to be trouble down the road sooner or later, don't know how or when or even what form it will take but China and the west are locking horns and it's not going to end well.

Anyway, just watch this for three minutes -

The BBC iplayer 3 hour series- I highly recommend you spare the time to watch it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008cc7/china-a-new-world-order-series-1-episode-3

7The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty Re: The Hong Kongese are coming! Thu Jul 30 2020, 23:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:China - this is really frightening stuff, if you can spare three minutes this is a 'must watch' video clip - and if this grabs your attention, which quite frankly it should then I'd highly recommend watching this three one hour series on iplayer - there's going to be trouble down the road sooner or later, don't know how or when or even what form it will take but China and the west are locking horns and it's not going to end well.

Anyway, just watch this for three minutes -

The BBC iplayer 3 hour series- I highly recommend you spare the time to watch it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008cc7/china-a-new-world-order-series-1-episode-3
Moreover the fact they banned the nationalist candidates from even standing in the elections despite them making massive gains in the primaries!
Bang out of order IMO
*hashtag StateControl

*I have an Apple keyboard and I can't work out where the hashtag symbol is. Presumably a combination of keys to confuse.....everyone?

9The Hong Kongese are coming! Empty Re: The Hong Kongese are coming! Fri Jul 31 2020, 00:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers! greatly appreciated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum