Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody?

+9
Bernard Dennis Park
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
Dinah Moe Humm
doffcocker
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Thu Sep 20 2012, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing should surprise me anymore, but I read today that Fabrice Muamba's autobiography titled "I'm Still Standing" is due out in November.

This is an absolute disgrace and nothing more than a pathetic attempt to cash in on almost dying. Have you ever heard anything sicker?

Let's face it, this is going to be the most boring book in the history of literature. I'd rather read Largehat's memoirs. Until his collapse on the pitch Fabrice Muamba was a rather poor footballer being paid ridiculous amounts to pass sideways and shoot into the stands. Who wants to read about that? And while his unfortunate evening at White Hart Lane was front page news, we all know the story, there is nothing that can be added to it.

I'm glad he didn't die and looks to be making a full recovery, but I find this cynical book release rather disturbing and I hope BWFC have the sense to distance themselves from it. I also urge every single one of you to boycott this release, the only person who will benefit from this book is Fabrice Muamba and his publishers.

And almost as disturbing is the news Muamba is beng lined up to appear on a "celebrity" edition of The Apprentice. He's not a fooking celebrity! He's famous for collapsing on a football pitch, nothing more.

The world has gone mad. I won't be part of it.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

In a way yes.

Do I care? Not really.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:In a way yes.

Do I care? Not really.

You should do, someone might buy it you for Christmas.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I saw a banner at the Derby match that read "Fabrice Muamba = Bolton Legend". We're talking about a player who was with us four seasons, for considerable chunks of which, he was rubbish.
So yes, I'm growing tired of the Muamba love-in.
I'm an accountancy student. If I suffer a cardiac arrest in a lecture and survive, will people suddenly want to read my life story?
I don't blame Muamba, I blame the people that are making a celebrity out of him, for what isn't a good reason.
I bet he has at least been approached for the Celebrity Jungle. Then again any ex-PL player is a celebrity by those standards.

Dinah Moe Humm

David Ngog
David Ngog

I think he's got a more interesting life story than a lot of professional footballers. Growing up in a war torn country. Moving to England aged 10 not knowing the language. Then turning up at the Arsenal academy and asking for a trial.

I do think it's cashing in yes. But since he's going to lose out on years of income from being a footballer after his heart attack (I don't know what his insurance payout is going to be like), but I don't begrudge him doing it.

As for him appearing on Celebrity Apprentice, so what, I love the guy and don't mind him being on tv. Plus he's doing a business/accounting degree, so he might have some idea what he's on about.

Also, we don't know if any of the proceeds from these activities might end up benefiting any heart charities in some way.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dinah Moe Humm wrote:I think he's got a more interesting life story than a lot of professional footballers. Growing up in a war torn country. Moving to England aged 10 not knowing the language. Then turning up at the Arsenal academy and asking for a trial.

You've just written his life story in four sentences. He's going to stretch it out to 200 pages.

Dinah Moe Humm

David Ngog
David Ngog

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Dinah Moe Humm wrote:I think he's got a more interesting life story than a lot of professional footballers. Growing up in a war torn country. Moving to England aged 10 not knowing the language. Then turning up at the Arsenal academy and asking for a trial.

You've just written his life story in four sentences. He's going to stretch it out to 200 pages.

By that logic, no biography is really justified. Their respective wikipedia pages will be more succinct that their memoirs.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think after he was forced to retire from football this kind of thing was inevitable.

I won't read the book personally but i assume he was asked to write it by a publisher who believe there is a market for it so, so be it!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm waiting for the movie version coming out - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nets

10Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Thu Sep 20 2012, 19:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read somewhere that if he never plays professional football again then his insurance payout will be around 4 million quid.

11Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:03

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Nothing should surprise me anymore, but I read today that Fabrice Muamba's autobiography titled "I'm Still Standing" is due out in November.

This is an absolute disgrace and nothing more than a pathetic attempt to cash in on almost dying. Have you ever heard anything sicker?

Let's face it, this is going to be the most boring book in the history of literature. I'd rather read Largehat's memoirs. Until his collapse on the pitch Fabrice Muamba was a rather poor footballer being paid ridiculous amounts to pass sideways and shoot into the stands. Who wants to read about that? And while his unfortunate evening at White Hart Lane was front page news, we all know the story, there is nothing that can be added to it.

I'm glad he didn't die and looks to be making a full recovery, but I find this cynical book release rather disturbing and I hope BWFC have the sense to distance themselves from it. I also urge every single one of you to boycott this release, the only person who will benefit from this book is Fabrice Muamba and his publishers.

And almost as disturbing is the news Muamba is beng lined up to appear on a "celebrity" edition of The Apprentice. He's not a fooking celebrity! He's famous for collapsing on a football pitch, nothing more.

Dont get your knickers in a twist over it!!! cant see it selling anyway.

12Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:03

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Nothing should surprise me anymore, but I read today that Fabrice Muamba's autobiography titled "I'm Still Standing" is due out in November.

Dont get your knickers in a twist over it!!! cant see it selling anyway.

13Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I read somewhere that if he never plays professional football again then his insurance payout will be around 4 million quid.
He will wring as much out of it as he can, maybe we should have a collection for him.

14Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:26

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good luck to him. Hope it sells well.

15Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish him all the best too...If you don't like it you simply don't buy it

16Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Fri Sep 21 2012, 08:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A little harsh on the lad here I think, he oviously has people around him telling him how he can make money, agents etc and an autobiography obviously seems like a good way to tell his story of what happened that night and how he got into football.

Don't tell me other people wouldn't do the same if the opportunity came about.

17Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Fri Sep 21 2012, 09:18

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nearly employed a ghost writer

18Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Don't tell me other people wouldn't do the same if the opportunity came about.

I wouldn't. I have been asked numerous times to write my life story about how a girl from the Little Lever ghetto made it big.

19Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Fri Sep 21 2012, 12:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Aye from little lever to preston, the things dreams are made of.

20Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba: The New Jade Goody? Fri Sep 21 2012, 12:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Aye from little lever to preston, the things dreams are made of.

I don't like your tone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum