Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC

+9
boltonbonce
Growler
okocha
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Norpig
xmiles
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's have a positive, happy thread.

What have been your favourite moments in time supporting BWFC?

Not the best season or the best result, but the actual moment something special happened.

Off the top of my head the top 3 for me are:

1) Ricketts scoring the winner at Old Trafford.

2) Wilbraham's last minute winner to keep us up.

3) Gardner's solo effort against PNE at Cardiff.

2Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 16:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too hard Nat, so off the top of my head..

Worthy's goal against Ipswich. I was right behind it.
The come back against Reading in the play off final.
Wilbraham's last minute winner.
Watching a bunch of kids play their hearts out for the shirt and get a draw against Coventry.

So many more, it's hard to think.

3Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 18:02

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1) Walking through the door of the Wanderers dressing room for the first time on match day when i was a ball boy at Burnden aged 13 with my boots in my hand.

2) De Freites equaliser v Reading at Wembley

3) Final whistle after we stayed in the prem by beating Boro, it meant we kept that great side together with much more to come.

Worthy scoring against Ipswich i was right on the 18 yard line probably everyone's number one who saw it, but already mentioned

4Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 20:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Impossible to compare the highs. From a pure football perspective it was perhaps watching a team come together to make the Mark Davies goal v Blackpool

5Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 21:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Best moment/game was beating Reading in the play off final after being two down and a penalty against us about to be taken.

I had taken my two little nephews who were about 8 or 9 at the time and they were getting a bit upset as you do at the age, so I told them that they would miss the penalty and we would go on to win the match.

When they missed the penalty and we got one back then two, they fully believed we were going to win - so was I by then!

A rather random happy moment was when I heard we had signed Campo on a permeant, he was previously with us on loan.

When he first joined us he played as a centre back and was utterly awful.

For some reason Allardyce switched him to playing in front of the back four he was a revelation and kept us up that season.

When we signed him before the start of the next I was absolutely certain that his signing alone was enough to keep us in the PL and we did - and prospered.

Funny how one man sometimes makes the team.

I'm not really a massive Campo fan (my favourites are Peter Thompson and Tony Dunne from years back and Hierro when we had him for that wonderful half season (we had him for the season but something didn't click and we even transfer listed him in January - and no one went for him!).

Well he certainly clicked from then until the season end and what pure class he was.

He must have been an outstanding player in his prime.

6Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 21:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Old boys might remember a ref called Maurice Fussey, who more than lived up to his name.
When any incident needed seeing to, he'd sprint into action, knees almost hitting his chin, whilst gesticulating wildly.
I remember a particularly wet day at Burnden, when he sprinted across to deal with some minor handbags, and came to a sudden full stop in front of the offenders. At this point, his legs went from under him, landing him on his arse, causing him to continue speedily, and majestically along the turf, and into the gravel by the side of the pitch. It was a glorious sight, and I've never forgotten it. Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

7Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 22:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good idea for a thread. It reminds me that there have been some good times supporting Bolton.

1. The comeback against Reading in the play offs
2. Worthington's goal against Ipswich
3. Beating Leicester 5 - 0 away in the first game after we were promoted to the Prem.

8Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 22:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1, Winning away at Highbury in the FA Cup, only got the chance to go that morning and is still my favourite away game.

2. The reading comeback

3. Stuart Holdens goal against Blackburn

4. When the fella in the blue Reliant Robin that uses to be on the side of the pitch at Burnden got a ball full in the face, No one knew if they could laugh or not  Laughing

9Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 22:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:4. When the fella in the blue Reliant Robin that uses to be on the side of the pitch at Burnden got a ball full in the face, No one knew if they could laugh or not  Laughing

I remember only one person laughing.

Now I know who it was.

10Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 23:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Impossible to compare so many great moments. From a pure football/teamwork perspective perhaps it has to be SKD to Elmander to Klasnic to Davies v Blackpool....ever so briefly we looked like world beaters.

11Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sat Aug 15 2020, 23:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading playoffs
Wilbraham goal
FA cup win against Liverpool

12Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 11:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No question the Reading play off win and I’d single out OC’s salmon leap goal as the moment of the match when the comeback was on. Our Wolves win in the play off semi final when Super John became the Nemesis of the pretend Wanderers and their Steve Bull. So many great memories but for some reason queueing up for FA cup tickets outside Burnden for the game against Liverpool in the seventies sticks vividly in my mind and perhaps surprisingly wishing the Newcastle fans well in the cup after they beat us in the third cracking game at Elland Road. Sir Nat coming onto the pitch to launch lifeline with his heartfelt speech, against Gillingham I think. All great memories and so many more over the years.

13Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 11:28

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The three games against Newcastle a real epic FA Cup tie, went to all three games great entertainment.

THe Leicester 5-0 was a good one that was the day my eldest daughter got married, we had just signed the register i looked to the back of the church my mate was mouthing 4-0 i gave the thumbs down shaking my head in disappointment, he gave a thumbs up, going on to score another a good day that was.

14Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 12:57

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Impossible to compare so many great moments. From a pure football/teamwork perspective perhaps it has to be SKD to Elmander to Klasnic to Davies v Blackpool....ever so briefly we looked like world beaters.
Excuse my ignorance, but who's the guy on the left flank who starts the main part of the move.... all dribble and skilful left foot?  scratch

15Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 13:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but who's the guy on the left flank who starts the main part of the move.... all dribble and skilful left foot?  scratch

Rodrigo.

16Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 13:43

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Rodrigo.
Thank you!

17Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 15:01

One I don’t think has been mentioned yet - the Chungy winner away at Birmingham in the FA cup quarter final. Turned out to be the highlight of that cup run, always good to win it late on but even better as it secured a trip to Wembley (don’t worry about what came next).

First leg of the league cup semi final against Villa too, a great game and that Okocha free kick will always be one of my favourite goals.

18Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 15:13

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1. Kevin Nolan's winner at Old Trafford
2. Dean Holdsworth's last minute winner v Liverpool to put us top of the Premier League
3. Jay Jay Okocha's goal v West Ham

19Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 16:48

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Allardyce header V Sundeland  was massive at the time.
Elmander away at Wolves sublime skills

Last edited by wessy on Mon Aug 17 2020, 09:27; edited 1 time in total

20Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Empty Re: Your Best Moment Supporting BWFC Sun Aug 16 2020, 18:04

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That game would definitely be in my top 3, the goal, big crowd and fantastic atmosphere, brilliant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum