Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Ian Evatt can't wait for fans to come back

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt can’t wait to experience the University of Bolton Stadium at full volume.

The Wanderers head coach has been encouraged by the uptake of season tickets thus far, with the club reporting more than 3,500 had been sold by lunchtime.

And though the start of the season will be played behind closed doors, Evatt believes home support can still be a big factor in his side’s push for promotion this season.

“I can’t wait for the day they say the fans can come back in because for a club of this size, to have that fanbase is a huge advantage,” he said.

“It’s fantastic to hear that people are buying up the season tickets and it’s our job now to make sure that the minute they set foot back in that stadium, we have made a positive start to the season.”

Plans to play a home friendly before the start of the season are currently on hold because of alterations to the fixture schedule after this week’s cup draws.

That may mean all of Wanderers’ pre-season games are played away from the UniBol – but Evatt believes his team will not suffer as a result.

“I don’t think it’s possible to recreate the pressure of a regular competitive game but all the friendlies we have played have been behind closed doors, so the players will be fine,” he said.

“It is the same for every other team. And I don’t like putting up excuses. It’s a case of adapt and overcome.”

Excitement for the restart has built around the town for the last few months and the positive vibes have been reflected in a handful of encouraging pre-season results to date.

Evatt feels progress has been made on the training ground and is now looking for a final push from his players before the real business begins.

“When I first came in I said myself and the players have got to earn that trust from the supporters again,” he said. “We have started pre-season pretty well and there’s still a lot of work to be done before the start of the season but I feel we’re at the stage where we have got the key points down.

“We recognise there is a lot of improvement to come and hopefully we see that in the games we have got planned in the next couple of weeks.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum