Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-1 FGR

+14
Norpig
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
karlypants
Sluffy
gloswhite
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
wessy
bryan458
dutchwhites63
finlaymcdanger
sunlight
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61BWFC 0-1 FGR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The defence was terrible, we don't have a midfield and the strikers don't strike.

We could be in this league for a long time.

62BWFC 0-1 FGR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:04 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:The defence was terrible, we don't have a midfield and the strikers don't strike.

We could be in this league for a long time.
Not if we’re relegated again  Laughing

63BWFC 0-1 FGR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:28 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

On current form anything is possible.

64BWFC 0-1 FGR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:43 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:

I know the feeling but I am trying to not care too much. There is so little continuity in the squad I can't really identify with them.

For me it's been nothing but downhill ever since Big Sam left.
I'm afraid the grim reality was that BWFC had unaffordable debt when Sam Allardyce was appointed in 1999 and  even more unaffordable debt when he walked out in 2007, Newcastle doubling his £1.5m salary. Allardyce knew little and seemed to care even less about the club's finances. His mission was more BSA than BWFC.

The concept of Davies and Gartside had been to try to make BWFC a sustainable Premiership club but sustainability proved to be a mirage that would only get further away with each year that passed.

Despite the biggest investments in the club's history in signing on fees and wages, it was Jussi Jaaskelainen that won Player of the Year in 2006/07, testament to the fact that it was largely Jaaskelainen that kept BWFC in matches in which it was often overrun and that, consequently, flattered the club's league position.

Could Allardyce have done any more? I'm not sure he could but the manner of his departure left a more than unpleasant aftertaste.

65BWFC 0-1 FGR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Television money is possibly the one factor that makes competing in the PL possible. Allardyce allegedly wanted a lot of money to push on and Megson seemed to be offering survival on a lower budget even though that was still massive. However we thrived on recruiting established players on big wages and didn’t manage to bring through enough of our own which would have helped balance the books better. To think that PL standard internationals like Dzemaili and Mooy hardly got a look in.
Lots of good money was spent after Allardyce and there were some decent signings but we just didn’t capitalise on them -Cahill going for just £7 mill for example.
For me it was simply a matter of years of bad management and lazy trading done in the knowledge that Eddie would keep coughing up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum