Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"He will be a top player for this club" - Evatt throws support behind Santos

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ricardo Santos can win over his doubters at Wanderers, says Ian Evatt.

The former Peterborough defender starred in the 2-1 win at Harrogate on Saturday playing in the middle of a back three alongside Harry Brockbank and Ryan Delaney.

Santos has had a rough start to his career at Bolton since signing from Barnet in the summer but Evatt is confident his improved display at the Keepmoat Stadium was a sign of things to come.

“I believe in him and he knows I do,” the head coach said. “He will be a top player for this football club, mark my words.

“No we haven’t shown it so far – and maybe I am still figuring it out a bit myself – but in the middle of a back three I thought Rico was immense.

“Equally, Ryan Delaney and Harry (Brockbank) were outstanding. Harry just told me that was his first win for the club, so as a Bolton lad and a young player who came through the ranks I am proud of him because he took his chance today.”

Both Delaney and Brockbank played their first league game of the season, two of five changes made to the starting line-up that had been beaten by Newport the previous weekend.

“They have had a point to prove, no doubt, but that is football. If you get a chance, you take it, and those boys did today,” Evatt said.

“The players out of the team can be the most important ones. The 11 takes care of itself because they are happy, they are playing. It’s the ones who are not in the team that you have to keep onside and involved. The reaction of the ones who were left out today was perfect, they really got behind the lads who were playing.

“Everyone is so happy and rightfully so. I’ll have a beer tonight and reflect, we’ve got a big week coming.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Santos did look a lot better and in truth he can bring the ball out well and start attacks but my worry with him is the ball over his head and him having to turn and chase back. He doesn't have bags of pace but hopefully Brockbank and Delaney who both played well can cover him when that happens.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Santos did look a lot better and in truth he can bring the ball out well and start attacks but my worry with him is the ball over his head and him having to turn and chase back. He doesn't have bags of pace but hopefully Brockbank and Delaney who both played well can cover him when that happens.
Wasn't expecting much from him on Saturday, and was actually surprised to see him starting. But fair play to the lad, he was excellent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum