Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton on the hunt for TWO new loan signings in transfer window

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have opened the door to loaning TWO more players from category one academy clubs this month.

Ian Evatt says he has been contacted by a number of clubs looking to send their young talents to the University of Bolton Stadium.

The Whites head coach had previously complained that the cost of bringing in loanees from the Premier League and Championship was too steep – but the situation is believed to have improved over the last seven days.

Wanderers have until October 16 to do domestic deals but have to comply to the financial regulations laid down by the League Two salary cap, restricting them to £1.5million in annual salaries.

Evatt believes top clubs are now reducing their demands to send players out on loan – and it is understood he could now be targeting another two deals, which would take his overall tally to 21 for the summer window.

There are 26 category one academies, split into two divisions in Premier League 2: Tottenham, Chelsea, Brighton, Blackburn, Derby, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Southampton, Leicester, Manchester United, West Ham, Arsenal, Norwich, Wolves, Leeds, Fulham, Aston Villa, West Brom, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Reading, Stoke City, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Sunderland.

Wanderers have already loaned Tom White from Blackburn - but could now bring in another couple of players to improve competition in the squad.

"I’ve had quite a good few calls this week from big Cat One Premier League clubs that obviously know the way my teams play and would be happy to trust me with their players,” he said.

"They’ve realised now that with the pandemic and with the salary caps, they have to be a little bit more kind with the recovery.

"Obviously a lot of these players are on big money, rock star money for players that haven’t achieved much, but it’s just the way the world is and the football world at the moment.

"These clubs sign players for mega money as young stars, potential, give them big contracts and now the cap’s here and the pandemic’s here, we literally couldn’t afford to pay their wages.

"So we will try and take them on which fits our salary cap and fits our budget, but Premier League clubs are now realising that I think that we can help develop them, not just me as a coach but the club itself is fantastic - raising facilities, stadium - they can’t ask for any more, especially if we get fans back which we want, playing in front of big crowds is a real plus for these Premier League youngsters.

"We have an advantage there, it’s just picking the right ones because sometimes when you’ve been used to playing in Cat One academies, especially big Premier League clubs, men's football can find you out and find you out quickly.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum